S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2004 Blazer Xtreme has clear stock headlights with some HIDS in them, cleared turn signals, LED blinkers, and the fog lights don't work...

Now I wanna update all the lights
Head lights
Tail lights
Fog lights
Turn Signals
3rd Brake Light
License Plate Lights
Interior Light
Cluster

Upon searching ze Google I am not finding a lot for results on
Tail Lights
Fog Lights

Can some people point me in a direction or show me what your working with on finding lighting upgrades, I've been thinking about a set of halo projectors for the head lights, LED turn signals and LED 3rd brake light, but need to find more options

Thanks for reading and any suggestions guys! Here's cerberus earlier today

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
Superbright LED's has a link that tells you exactly what bulbs you have, and what the led equivalents are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been checking em out thanks for the tip.

Anybody got pics of there lights? And housing options for heads and tails

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
436 Posts
Those halo projector lights don’t tend to put out a lot of light, especially with the limited space in your housings. I think the clear housings and HID’s or LED’s will be the most output, blinding to oncoming traffic though. As far as the third brake light the OEM LED assembly is the best, I have an aftermarket one (advertised as OEM on Amazon) that is a smoked yet translucent housing with a cheap LED strip. It works, it’s red, it’s bright, but you can see through the whole housing, looking at the truck from the front you can see when the brakes are applied. Tail lights I can’t help you, no experience with 2nd gen Blazers. My 2nd gen pickup had aftermarket LED options available at the time , 10 years ago or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those halo projector lights don’t tend to put out a lot of light, especially with the limited space in your housings. I think the clear housings and HID’s or LED’s will be the most output, blinding to oncoming traffic though. As far as the third brake light the OEM LED assembly is the best, I have an aftermarket one (advertised as OEM on Amazon) that is a smoked yet translucent housing with a cheap LED strip. It works, it’s red, it’s bright, but you can see through the whole housing, looking at the truck from the front you can see when the brakes are applied. Tail lights I can’t help you, no experience with 2nd gen Blazers. My 2nd gen pickup had aftermarket LED options available at the time , 10 years ago or so.
Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated, been trying to hunt Google for options on housings etc.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,475 Posts
one drawback with LED- if you live where it snows- you are going to hate yourself- they do not get hot enough out front to melt the road snow...

·
Old Fart
4,362 Posts
Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated, been trying to hunt Google for options on housings etc.
This is the one I'm using and so far no problems with them icing over in the winter. My only complaint is the halos are not very bright. The beam pattern is very good and after doing a quad conversion high beams are very good as well. They use H1 bulbs so there are lots of LEDs available for the housings. I bought the matching LED turn signals are great as well.

Reactions: Da_Web_Head

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking at those anyway so great on that note, what does everyone have for taillights? Fog lights? License plate lights? 3rd brake light? I wanna try and convert as much as I can, I have a small lead on some clear tails stock style, was hoping to open em and paint the housings black and reseal em

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
You might want to check what is legal first, unless you like getting pulled over...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Legal as in? My heads and blinkers are hid and led and markers are amber bulbs right now, tails partially tinted but stock

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
Stock style clear tails don't have red reflectors... used to have them, cops don't tend to like them. Maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Old Fart
4,362 Posts
Every light on my truck is LED. I'm about to convert my tails from aftermarket LED to Euro-style with LED bulbs since I think amber turn signals get people's attention better. You can see most of my light mods in this thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh okay I getcha, I was still gonna put in red leds, my Acura TL custom tails are clear and orange

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
I meant the reflectors, not the color of the bulb. It's a federal mandate for red reflectors at the rear and side, amber reflectors at the front sides.

Run into the wrong cop and he may just pee in your cheerios.

Hard to beat the Brazilian tail lights... if you can find them.

I've got some of the pickup versions on my truck.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts

·
Old Fart
4,362 Posts
I ordered the smoked version to go with the rest of my exterior lights.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
I'd love a set of the Brazilian tails...but they're above my pay grade for pretty parts right now... 🤣

Reactions: goes2fast
1 - 18 of 17 Posts