S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
i called them and they cant give me a ratio they replied 6 inches to total travel with 4 3/8 lock to lock and and i cant remember what the formula-was for this if someone could help

thanks jim
is that the s10 kit rack and pinion for like 1100?

·
PCMPOWERTUNES
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah really ! they do offer a lifetime limited warranty and if im not mistaken our trucks are 14.1 according to hemmings ... and in my opinion the rack will cut down on alot of steering slop from so many joints and gain some very positive steering ,,but thats just an opinion

jim

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
yeah really ! they do offer a lifetime limited warranty and if im not mistaken our trucks are 14.1 according to hemmings ... and in my opinion the rack will cut down on alot of steering slop from so many joints and gain some very positive steering ,,but thats just an opinion

jim

from my research into this system it's a center-take-off steering unit from a early 90's cavalier, thats been either remanufactured or just new, and then polished or chromed and correct length tirod ends added, and the bracket... i really wish it wasn't so expensive or i woulda got one

napa and o-rilies both showed they could get one with the part number but when after several weeks they never got it... they just figured its one of those things that got discontinued and never updated in the system

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
you are correct about the older cav setup but this was engineered as you said to fit our trucks
ya thats the whole deal of the tie-rod ends being at the correct geometry and lengths, thats the hardest part they've done... everything else is adapting the units to fit, and honestly with todays level of computers and software you could run the req math for the geometry on your phone lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts