S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can someone please help me out..ya see im not to familiar with the term "bag" what exactly does it mean? I knoe it has to do with lowering..is it just like as low as you can go? Someone said u can get a better ride that way if you do it right...but i dont want sparks...and seeing i live in tally we have tons of hills and shiat to bump a lowered truck till its dead. Lemme know if im on the right track! Thanks! -Corey :confused:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
no prob, "bags" refer to air bags which are just that, rubber bags that u can inflate and deflate to get a desired ride height. They usualy will replace your coils and leafs, with bags and a 4 link suspension in the rear. Personaly I would never put bags on my truck. I am building my truck for performance, not only the motor, but evrything on it. that includes the suspension. If all you are looking for is looks they are fine, but then I'll have to race ya down a windy back road. hehehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, well i do definately want looks but all that i want to do now is get a black paint job and get it lowered some how. Then im looking at preformance :evilg: really my main delema is finding out which way to get the best ride once i lower the sucker. I need in-put from yall so toss it up!! Lata, - corey

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
my 96 with a 3/4 drop rides better than the SS does at stock height. Its all about execution, don't skimp on parts, get the right parts from a quality manufacturer.

For all out Auto-X performance, steel is the way to go. But that doesn't mean a bagged truck cant handle at all, its just more limited in its all out performance capabilities. However, a bag setup is benificial in drag racing, because of the 4 link, and adjustability. Of course, your goals affect it to. If you built the bags solely to lay out your truck, your compromising some of the perf. characteristics to make it lay down........

You can do almost anything if you have the $$$ to build it that way:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts