S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 3/4 drop for about a month now with 3 inch. control arms and 4 inch. blocks, but my front sits higher than the back. Atleast like 1-2 inches higher. What is the problem? The rear fender is exactly at the tire, but the front has about a 2 inch gap between them.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
DONT CUT STUFF!!!

dont cut your coils:eek: , it is bad news. the first time i tried putting my springs in i didnt get them in the spring pockets right and it sat high in the front. make sure that the springs are in there right and it should be ok. also the front spring took like 100 miles of driving to settle in, and they sat about a half inch lower after that. hope this helps!:drinkhaha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah mighty mouse...you were right. I went to go check it out today at a local shop and they said my spring wasn't completely in right.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
1) did you measure your truck before you lowered it
2) ive done lower a arms and 4 inch blocks and its fine back is like a inch higher on many s10s
3) if you have the 3 leaf set up in back and go with a 4 inch block and front 3 inch lower a arm the back will be lower. they sit lower stock like that

ive done over 90 s10s so you can e mail me if you need help. only thing in front did you make sure to sit the arm down teh rght way with the spring

with stock tires and 3 inch drop sprigns in front of my buddy 97 sonoma its 27 inches to top of fenderlips. in rear with the 3 leafs that came on many 4 cylinder s10s and 3 inch block its 1/2 a inch lower

tony

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
I have a similar prob with uneven ride height

:confused: I just noticed today at work that my whole left side is lower that my whole right by about an inch or so. I was reading an article in Truckin a while back about the S-10 Blazer lowering springs having an actual right and left side. Is this true for the pickup? Maybe they were reversed when I had them installed? Anyone have any info?? Peeeze

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah...one of my sides sit lower too. I heard it's because the gas tank is under the driver side and it weighs about 80 pounds.

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Oh really??? Do you know if there is any way to level it out?? Cause actuall I like it on the lower side. It kinda tucks my 18's.;)

·
2,186 Posts
an idea.... but not a real good one.

you could try putting ballast (weights) that weighs the same as the gas tank on the passenger side to even it out:idea: . added weight equals more for the motor to move:bash: , so might not be the best choice. only thing that i can think of other than relocating the gas tank where the spare tire goes to make it even out the weight (back end might sit lower though). if anyone has any other ideas i am sure others along with myself would like to here them.:) i hate the way my truck has that 1 inch difference on the right and left side stance:cry:. and it sounds like i am not the only one! :drinkhaha

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
what i have to do to even the front on my customers trucks is to cut the sway bar end link on the side that is higher the amount its to high by. like if the pass side is 1 inch higher i cut 1 inch off the sway bar link on that side and run washers under the arm becasue the bolt isnt threaded all the way down and that evens that up.

in rear ive had to shave the driver side block or lets say sides are 1 inch off 3 inch block on one side (most likly the right rear) and 2 inch block on other side

tony

·
2,186 Posts
ill have to try that

sounds like experience rains supreme!:D are there any handling issuses doing that? any problems that you hear of? if there was you probably would have said, but i still wanted to ask. ill have to try that. thanks for the help.:drinkhaha

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
It's odd cause when I look at my truck from either the rear or the front it "looks" level. I have the same question tho. Is there any handling or alignment problems which are associated with the shaving and cutting??:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
umm

ive lowed about 180 s-10 pickups about 100 the easy way just put the blcoks in the rear and cut the springs in the front. and the other 80 were done with lowering kits. i dont know were you guys are getting your lowering kits from but ive never seen any problems with any of the trucks i have lowerd , and if your not consernd about handeling you can take the sway bar out to get the front to sit a little lower. also im not suer about that cutting the linkage though ive never had to do it

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Well, I got my kit from BellTech. I have 2" drop spindles with 1" drop springs in front. In the back I have 3" drop leaf springs with 2" blocks. As far as the gas tank theory, I have run it close to empty to see if there would be any change, but there is none with a full or empty tank. It remains the same. I asked this question already and am still curious.....I read in an article a while back about S-10 Blazers having specific coil springs (meaning one left and one right). Does that pertain to the pickups as well? Or did I just get a messed up product from BellTech.:rolleyes:

·
2,186 Posts
i did the sway bar trick as mentioned by the suspension god known as 98 SS ON NOS and it worked great. handles no different. i recomomend this trick to everyone. thanks for the help. by the way, 98 SS ON NOS where in northern cali are you exactly? i am about 20 min out side of stockton.

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
That's cool! Question tho......can I just purchase shorter swaybar links?? And if so can they be the same length or will that throw it of again. I was wondering cuz I was going to upgrade my sway bars and , I think it's Hotchkis, sells them for specific drops....1", 2" etc. Also...could the formentioned problem cause the alignment to be off. I ask cuz I just had the front end aligned and the steering wheel is cocked to the right and steers slightly to the left?? Sorry for all the ?'s. I am still kinda a novice to this stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help:D

·
not low enough , "best unfinished"
8 Posts
I don't know what your talking about with the blazer gas tank cause mine sits centered in the frame at the very back. the trucks have the tanks on the left side at least on the old generation's.
for the front at our shop as a last attempt sometimes we heat and bent the sway-bar depending on which side needs it

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
tilt

the reason s trucks lean to the left side is because there is 900 more pounds on the left side of the truck.........gas tank, steering column..etc........that is why! got info from sportruck specialties

K

·
0 Posts
yeah the common problem is with the springs sitting in the spring pocket wrong! And also just b/c it says 2" or 3" or whatever does not mean that is how low it will lower you vehicle...it will naturally set lower with a 4.3 than with the 2.2 and on the DJM springs i have they have a notw in the box thats makes the same statement ...so that is also something to keep in mind! hoped this helps

1 - 20 of 27 Posts