S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the beginning phazes of buying my steel and wut not for my 02' dime. plan on running duel 2"x3"x1/4" on its side down both sides. (like mike alexanders old project). mines been through many, many phazes and finally got it featured for minitruckin' mag, now time to go big, doin it to the doors. im really wantin to go "underslung" because its cleaner (i.m.o.), wicked looking and havent seen too many of em' dunn. can anyone elaborate on the pros / cons to doin this? i really would like true testament on the topic, not just "he said, she said" but im willing to hear it all........... pics would be super-fantastic as well, if applicable.... thanks for the input in advance

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..............forgot to add, its gonna be an x-cab longbed, if i can get ahold of the "avtekk" four door cab, imma do that instead, but their harder to find than gold.........

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2x3 laid down isnt safe, unless im reading it wrong. Run it with the 3" side up for sure.[/quote]
ive read the many threadsand i hear you on the 2"x3" on its side, but im gonna run duel 2"x3" on each side, so its almost like running 4"x3" down each side.......ive seen pics from other sites and this seams to be the ticket if 2"x3" on its side is the gameplan. thank you for the insight tho, its appreciated!

greencactus3your lift is determined by how tall your tires are.
i understand, i have the kp 6 link aright now. and the only time i use the maxlift is to detail the wheels and thats it, so max lift isnt a problem for me, usually roll low in the rear, plus being doored, im thinkin i only need to 4" or so to roll, thank you cactus, insight noted as well...........

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the only thing i dont get on the 2x3 on its side, is how are you gunna run any kind of exhaust with a 2in tall frame???? are you gunna tub/ raise the floor for the exhaust?

with a 3in tall frame 2in pipe works perfect, i couldnt imagine tryin to live with 1 3/4 pipe and a 2in frame, it would basicly touch the floor with normal running and driving

also im not a metal guro, but to me 2x3 on its side is like 2x2....the 3 across makes very little difference. i dont "see" a difference in having 2x2 run twice down the side and 2x3 run twice..... not sayin im right, just dont see what that extra inacross does for strength.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
your lift is determined by how tall your tires are.

sorta....
easiest way to think of it is the distance from the bottom of your axle to the top of your frame rail ( as long as your bags will travel said amount)

and yes the bigger the over all diameter, the more room you have to travel, ie lift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts