S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seem to have a lack of power with there 2.2L? Everytime I go up a hill seems like im not getting much kick, have to shift down into 3rd gear. Plus starting out seems like there isnt much kick either. Any ideas?

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
I agree with Mr. Goofy. If you were interested in going up a hill with a vehicle you made the wrong choice.

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
try this... turn the truck around... it's much faster goin down! :D weeeeeeeee!!!

·
drugz kil brane selz
8,444 Posts
or you could throw it in neutral and let the big rig behind you give you a lil push

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
slammed98s10 said:
or you could throw it in neutral and let the big rig behind you give you a lil push
:lol:

·
drugz kil brane selz
8,444 Posts
i cant pass any1 unless im goin under 45 mph ..... i can tailgate fine but passing....newp

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Yeah mine slows down hill too wtf this thing has no power going anywhere without the turbo. Maybe my blinker fluid is low?

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Possibly. I'm thinking people are forgetting to weld their oil drip hole shut. Everyone is probably burning their engines out because they keep leaking oil. Weld those dudes shut. Make sure that oil doesn't leak.

As for the hills. just get in the emergency lane and throw on your hazards..... then just stick to first gear. The hill won't cause it to slow down anymore.

Brad

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
thats the big hole on the bottom of the oil pan right. I forgot to do that Ill go right now and as long as Im at it Ill change the lube in the driveshaft ya gotta keep that thing well lubed ya know.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts