S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Prefer Payne
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a little more out of my 2.2 so Ive been reading all of the performance threads to figure out the best bang for buck and i had a few questions about the pullies.
First off. about my truck.
I havent doen any mods to my truck yet and I dont plan on putting amps in my truck. the only thing i have changed is that i put in some HID's.
My truck is a 2000 2.2l ex.cab with a/c.

Now to my Questions
Should I still get the overdrive pully for the alt. even tho im not planning any electrical mods?

And do you notice any change in the a/c as in it not being as cold or sense our cabin is small that you wouldnt really notice it?

·
is a fungineer
6,108 Posts
In order, yes, and no.

I only have the crank pulley, and my truck isn't getting a full charge on the battery. I don't know if this is a problem unique to me or not, but I have an overdrive alt pulley in my future.

Have noticed no difference with A/C temperature.

·
Bobby B!!!
320 Posts
it shouldnt affect the a/c compressor at all. if anything it will be in "cycle" a bit longer to compensate for it. it should be fine.

·
I Prefer Payne
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. now i just need to find a good set.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. now i just need to find a good set.
look into aspracing's pullies. there's a write up on them in the sticky, everyone whos bought them has had good results. still gotta order a set for myself if i can get some extra cash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts