S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount everything underneth the bed, i like still having a full bed. I am worried though that if there is a leak or something and it airs out, i aint going to be able to get under the truck and fix whatever it is. I am wondering what peeps have thought of who are mounting everything underneth the bed. thanks.

:drunk:

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Hey, check out my gallery. I have everything under the bed. I didn't want to cut the bed or anything. I think it is a lot cleaner when the bed looks stock. Don't get me worng... Some people make there setup look sweet in the bed. But it takes some time..
My 2 cents

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
I also like to keep the bed free of components, It makes people wonder how do you drive that when they can't see any airbag components. As far as getting under if something fails I don't know never had that problem yet. Maybe with a couple peices of 2x4's in front of the tire drive up on them then keep increasing the thickness that you drive onto untill you can put the jack under?
Another option would be to run the rear lines to a t and have a shrader valve inline with the bag so you could fill the bags or one on the tank to filll the tank.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
If it were me I would maybe consider relocating my spare tire and useing the spare tire support to support a jack. You could fab some type of mount for a jack on the spare tire crossmember and connect the jack handle to the spare tire lowering bar so you can just crank down on the spare tire lowering bar to jack the truck up. This is what I am probably going to be doing with mine. You can get a jack that raises with a turning motion instead of a pumping motion, like the stock jack. I bet you could make one from a junk yard work

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
um ,most roll pans that I have seen have the hole for the spare tire thing anyway. You could mount the jack anywhere and just use the connector rod

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
alteredimage said:
Yeh but thats usually where the tanks compressors valves go and then you would have a hole in the rollpan
Jeesus man, you never like any of my ideas... Lol, J/K

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ya. Ya drps10 i have been looking over ya 6 link install. I am going to be bagging my Xtreme hopefully by summer and going to be using a 6 link. how much did ya 6 link cost ya?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
The sir michaels rollpan you can't get to the spare tire.
Well that sux. I was actually going to do a variation of that set up on my truck. I was going to put a pneumatic jack under my truck and run the line to the gas door so I can fill it up with a small tire compressor and have a way to jack up my truck.

·
RUSTHOLYUM
2,792 Posts
I did in the bed at first.....it dint look great...but if it was I dont think it adds to the clean install effect just my .02

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
In the bed+tonno cover=problem solved (well for me at least)

I've seen people lose all pressure on the hightway and it's not pretty at all, specially when you have to call everyone you know just to get a jack underneath to find the broken valve/line.

Under the bed is cleaner but I like knowing that i can access the valves easily and safely.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
well think of my dilema, I have a b/d, when its aired out I cant even get my arm under the roll pan....

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
ya that defintely sucks teh cack....what would you do if your shit broke down and left you layed out on the side of the road, i never even thought about that with a bd??...that is why i am going to be puttin my shit in the bed, because mine isnt a show truck, so i dont need everything all sneaky like, i need it functional

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Do it under the bed, looks better. And if you have any airleak issues, just use a scissor jack behind the rear tire to jack the truck up, saved me more then once.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
the door dragger sub that i am working on is going to have a reese hitch's mounted behind the license plate so we slip a modified hitch in it to jack it up. also it gives you a place to hook to if you do end up having to tow it.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
what I would prolly do is remove the stepshaver and rollpan, and jack the rear most of the frame. I could also remove the line and fitting from the rear bags as mentioned above and put the schrader valve on there and lift it up. The front, you can do the same and remove the valence. It's possible without doing this but its a real PITA.

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
The tanks and compressors in the bed can look good if done the right way. I am putting my single 12 gallon tank in the bed which I think looks good. Will look even better when i get it painted to match the truck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts