S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way where u could wire up 2 SVC subs together and then wire that up to a 2 channel amp? it's for a friend so yea...personally i think he's being retarded, i dunno why he just doesnt wire them up normally...thanks guys, sorry if this question is just plain irratating.

·
AWD > j00
3,357 Posts
yeah, simple, I'm assuming(yes I know what happens when you assume), that the svc subs are 4 ohms a piece,

you can wire them in parrallel, all the positives going to the positive on the amp, same with negative

with 4 ohm coils your amp will see a 2 ohm mono load

you need to find out the impedence of the subs, probably say something like svc 4 ohms

and the ratings on the amp will say, 400w X 1 at 2ohms, you don't have to match the left and right sides, which is better for bass

·
AWD > j00
3,357 Posts
forget 8 ohms, I guess that amp wont do 2 ohm mono, just hook them up straight, one sub to each channel

putting them both on one channel could work, or it could blow the amp, maybe not right away, but over time the amp could fry, what kind of amp is it?

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Ok so if subs can do do two ohm stereo, why can't they do 2 ohm mono? Does the 2 ohm mono not work cause you're bridging the two channels together?

·
AWD > j00
3,357 Posts
it's the overall impedence that the amp is at

2 ohm stereo is 4 ohm mono as far as the amp is concerned

1 ohm stereo is 2 ohm mono as far as the amp is concerned

the difference is you would rather have subs wired up mono, so both subs get the exact signal at the same level, but you want stereo seperation with mids & highs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts