S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Build The Ultimate 2.2L

Most of us are looking for the same thing. More power
This post should help make all of our searches a little easier.
So, if you know of a place to buy performance parts post it here
And please No air filter or any thing else you can get anywhere.

So far I have found, a stroker kit, High compression pistons, + ratio rocker arms, and some other pieces at DragEvolution2200
http://dragevolution2200.com/Evolution_Store_S10_Engine_Parts.html

I have also found a turbo kit that could probably easily be made to fit a S-10.
http://dragevolution2200.com/Evolution_Store_Cavalier_Turbokits.html
I think that all you would have to do is rotate the down pipe flange 90 degrees and maybe do some custom plumbing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really have no idea

·
Ground Force Truck Club
31 Posts
sportruck specialties is expensive, but for good reason. i;ve talked to the owner, and the only tests he does are on his 98 2.2 :D. so you know the parts work right if he is willing to put them on his own truck. Quality makes the price, as everyone know. Besides all you have to do is ask, on the site it doesnt say much for the 2.2, but if you call them they have plenty :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
i dont really trust the dragevolution site. they claim 115hp from the 2.2 s10's?? can anyone name one year when GM built a 2.2L s10 with 115 hp?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ones they have now have 120 so its only 5 hp

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
ummm, dude, 2.2's have had 115 HP from the first S-10 they were put into....but remember, thats flywheel hp, not wheel HP

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
probably less.....since stippy made like 97 with intake, exhaust, and chip....I'm guessing like 89-91 stock

Caleb

·
Registered
920 Posts
SummerWolf said:
probably less.....since stippy made like 97 with intake, exhaust, and chip....I'm guessing like 89-91 stock

Caleb

91/92 stock

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Still, one of the cheapest bangs for the buck is NO2. Not many ways besides that to add 50hp (reasonable amount for a 2.2 with some mods) for under $600. Turbo or supercharger even if they were readily available would set you back 4 times that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... Nitrous scares me though... I'm afraid that I will use it at the wrong time and blow something up, or have it blow up while I'm not using it, or have someone hit me and blow up, or blow up because my black truck got too hot... basically have some sort of huge explosion :( . Also, it is kinda expensive and I don't know how long a tank lasts, plus I don't do that much racing so it might go to waste having it.

DogP

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I priced out my turbo kit and it is going to be about $1300 for more than 50 always on hp, probibly more like 65 or 70. I am hoping to get over 200 w/ an intercooler and some other mods

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wow... that will be pretty quick! 200 hp in a 4 cyl. truck! Do a little weight reduction and you will be less than stock weight w/ almost double the original hp! Should handle pretty nice w/ a lighter engine up front too since there isn't much weight in the back... That is what I think would be a problem w/ the v8... carrying all that extra weight, plus having it all in the front w/ very little in the back.

DogP

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
umm... drop a v8... the 4cyls are a pain in the ass to tune. So pay 2 grand, and get some horses

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its going to costs a lot more than 2k for any 99+ v8

1 - 20 of 24 Posts