S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight i was messing around with a friend on the highway and i steped on the gas and snapped my u-joint,broke the yoke,bent the driveshaft,and the trany makes a bad noise too....idk if its because the drive shaft is not in it tho..?? my problem is i have a mono leaf set up bagged with a 4 inch angled block... i think this happend because of the pinion angle being off... is there a way to fix this with the mono leaf setup so its not so bad... if not i am going to just get a 4-link so i can adjust the pinion angle so it will be right...i am looking at this one from SD looks like most of it bolts on except on to the axle... with this 4link will i have to take my bed off to install it???? sorry for the long post... here is a picture of the 4 link i want... if anyone has one of these let me know how they work... thank you very much .....

·
Vandelay Industries
6,018 Posts
ahh. if you got a fuel cell allready i would step up to a link set up but thats just me. and i think they make the lower bars that bolt to the axle now too.

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
uh, my guess is the following

1. If your s10 has the stock motor, 100 mph is highly unlikely, and there's no way in hell I'd want to ride in a bagged truck going that fast

2. If you have a monoleaf setup and are travelling at 100 mph, you're very lucky that it's just the driveshaft/U joint that failed, and that you didn't hit a pothole and bounce off the road completely and kill a buss full of nuns

I doubt it's the monoleaf setup that tore out your U joint, I'm betting that it was replaced before incorrectly, or your driveshaft rubs the bottom of the cab and that it wore the bearings out enough to break the endcaps of the U joint itself

·
Vandelay Industries
6,018 Posts
im scattered brained cant get it all in the same post...you asked if youd have to take your bed off, If you still have your stock gas tank X member in place you will have to take the bed off. Having the bed off when you move those leaf spring perches is almost a must too. gues you could do it with it on but it would be a royal pain

·
Vandelay Industries
6,018 Posts
it has to come off so you can remove the rivets out of the stock gas tank x member and there are also rivets in the leaf spring perches you have to remove too. you have to move the perches rearward

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
kink2227 said:
Tonight i was messing around with a friend on the highway and i steped on the gas and snapped my u-joint,broke the yoke,bent the driveshaft,and the trany makes a bad noise too....idk if its because the drive shaft is not in it tho..?? my problem is i have a mono leaf set up bagged with a 4 inch angled block... i think this happend because of the pinion angle being off... is there a way to fix this with the mono leaf setup so its not so bad... if not i am going to just get a 4-link so i can adjust the pinion angle so it will be right...i am looking at this one from SD looks like most of it bolts on except on to the axle... with this 4link will i have to take my bed off to install it???? sorry for the long post... here is a picture of the 4 link i want... if anyone has one of these let me know how they work... thank you very much .....
Yes, take the bed off. It's not that big of a deal.

When was the last time you changed your u-joints anyhow?

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
SimplyUnique said:
Why's that?
Agreed. Why is that?

I thought I remember reading somewhere the ART holds the landspeed record for a vehicle on air ride or something to that effect.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NickZigaitis said:
Agreed. Why is that?

I thought I remember reading somewhere the ART holds the landspeed record for a vehicle on air ride or something to that effect.
Not with a stock s-10 on mono leafs ;)

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Southern said:
Not with a stock s-10 on mono leafs ;)
Well yeah I know that but what I was getting at is that if done correctly, and of course if the S10 could actually get to 100mph, then why wouldn't it be safe to do?

What I'm trying to say is that air ride can be made safe a perform well even at high speeds. If done right.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NickZigaitis said:
Well yeah I know that but what I was getting at is that if done correctly, and of course if the S10 could actually get to 100mph, then why wouldn't it be safe to do?

What I'm trying to say is that air ride can be made safe a perform well even at high speeds. If done right.
No doubt about that. But I've seen a lot 'ill' installed mono leaf bag setups.

·
Tuckin 29...... Inches...
718 Posts
PQ'S88DOOREDDIME said:
I beleIve hes talkIng about the bad boat motIon some s10's get. For some reason Ive only notIced thIs on s10's.
It's called shocks, I cant belive ppl still think its ok to drive without them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts