S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what one shuld i go with, what ones would be ore worth the money, 2 12" type R's or 2 12" se's, both running at about 600 watts each rms, in a sealed box, the R's are like 145 each and the se's are like 240 or somethnig idk what would be louder/sound better, i know alot of people will say se's caz its "re audio' but really tho what ones best bang for its buck

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have no experience with the new R's, but everyone says they really shine in vented systems, but are average when sealed. I know SE's are their best sealed (imo) so....

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
audioholic said:
I have no experience with the new R's, but everyone says they really shine in vented systems, but are average when sealed. I know SE's are their best sealed (imo) so....

haha i have nothing to say about this thread really accept that audioholics signature made me laugh for more then 2 minutes

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
I would take RE just because im not for the R

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
I know I'm teh Interweb's #1 RE fanboy, and I've been a longtime supporter, here's some blasphemy :)

http://forum.carstereos.org/f-car-audio-49/t-battle-of-the-10s-alpine-vs-re-53780

Granted that is just one install. However it is proof that the Type Rs can wang.

blasteracer07 said:
but really tho what ones best bang for its buck
As far as price you can get the Alpines for around $130 shipped for a 12. Yes you save some cash compared to the SE. However going online if something goes bad with the sub you run the risk of not getting any warranty service. However provided it was not user error RE has killer customer service and will take care of you.

Either way I've heard both subs. They both rock.

Tempe

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
I as well have heard both subs, the SE was sealed. Heard the R both sealed in 1.2 cubes and ported in 2 cubes at 30hz. Ported the R was louder but sounded a little sloppy. Sealed to sealed the SE murdered the R SPL and SQ wise Im pretty sure it was 600watts to each sealed and the R ported had close to 1000 watts goin to it, it was a hifi bruts1205 or somthin like that goin to the ported R.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tempe said:
I know I'm teh Interweb's #1 RE fanboy, and I've been a longtime supporter, here's some blasphemy :)

http://forum.carstereos.org/f-car-audio-49/t-battle-of-the-10s-alpine-vs-re-53780

Granted that is just one install. However it is proof that the Type Rs can wang.

As far as price you can get the Alpines for around $130 shipped for a 12. Yes you save some cash compared to the SE. However going online if something goes bad with the sub you run the risk of not getting any warranty service. However provided it was not user error RE has killer customer service and will take care of you.

Either way I've heard both subs. They both rock.

Tempe
so you think i should go type R's will they be loud 2 12's with 600 rms on each, or should i jsut save for the se's i wanted the se's in the begining but the type r's are alot cheaper

·
Rollin 1st gen style
557 Posts
dropped01sdime said:
so you think i should go type R's will they be loud 2 12's with 600 rms on each, or should i jsut save for the se's i wanted the se's in the begining but the type r's are alot cheaper
I think the SE's would perform better in a sealed box than the R's will. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alrigtht i will jsut save fore the se's thanks

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
JollyRojer said:
haha i have nothing to say about this thread really accept that audioholics signature made me laugh for more then 2 minutes
I can't believe I just read your post, which made me re-read my sig, which made me realize I've had a typo in it, for like 2 years. :rotf:

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
audioholic said:
I've had a typo in it, for like 2 years. :rotf:
"No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power."

That's alright I guess. I would personally skip the commas...

"Ever."

That is not a sentence. I would simply say:

"No speaker in the history of speakers has ever been blown by too little power--ever."

"I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar."

That is a comma splice. You can resolve this issue in one of the following ways:

"I don't care what your friend told you; he's a dirty liar."

"I don't care what your friend told you. He's a dirty liar."

"I don't care what your friend told you, because he's a dirty liar."

:p :p :p

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I fixed the typo before I posted. And I like my comma splice thankyou. :p :D

The typo was even rather than ever. *shrug* It looked too similar for me to notice all that time I guess. lol

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
think a type r 12 will perform well in 2.25 at 31hz?

i am building a box for a friend and modeled that up in winisd. its -3 at about 28hz, peaks around 37hz, then flattens out at about 74hz. i really havent played with the program that much and am still a ways away from being a pro at building boxes. the box will have 45sq. in. of port.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
what would you expect for output vs. SQ? he wants it to sound good mostly, hence the lower tune. btw its going in a 4dr civic

·
Registered
236 Posts
Im putting the type R in an extended cab 97 S10. Its gonna be side fire for the most part but angle up and a little to the front. Its a fiberglass jump seat box. I doubt that I can get 2.25 cubic feet but i really dont wonna do sealed. I could probably just squeeze 2cubic feet. I've never heard type Rs sealed but i heard that its kinda crap. Any one have suggestions without buying a new speaker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
type r's sound great in a ported or vented box. sealed boxes are average performance. but to get the best sound out of alpine equipment you need all inline alpine, type r's dont perform as well with other brands. i had a jl audio amp on my type r's for about a month, then switched to the apine mono amp series stuff and they sound quality as well as overall performance went up. but then again i'm running the old style type r's. not a big fan of the new ones.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
jakec2789 said:
type r's sound great in a ported or vented box. sealed boxes are average performance. but to get the best sound out of alpine equipment you need all inline alpine, type r's dont perform as well with other brands. i had a jl audio amp on my type r's for about a month, then switched to the apine mono amp series stuff and they sound quality as well as overall performance went up. but then again i'm running the old style type r's. not a big fan of the new ones.
The brand name of the amp has nothing to do with it, but the actual performance of each amplifier (how its built) does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts