S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I've been out of the car stereo thing for awhile, and I want to do a system in my '99 zr2. Anybody got tips on the easiest way to get into the dash to change the head unit without making a mess of all that plastic trim?

Second, what are you ext. cab guys doing for sub boxes that don't totally take up all that extra room I paid for?! I'm thinking something along the lines of the dual 10" JL stealthbox, but man is that thing pricey...

BigJ99

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
removing the trim couldnt be easier

there are two screws below the steering wheel about where your knees would touch the bottom of the dash....take those out....pull that piece down a little and you will soon see two more screws...those come out and the the whole plasic trim piece pops right off....couldnt be easier.......just be careful when removing it not to break the hazard light switch...its an expensive repair if broken....as for the subs i am wondering the same thing...i am considering a custom box for a new 8" L7 (square kickers) that will fit perfectly in the space now taken up by a jump seat...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm thinking I'd like to do a box that would let me keep the use of my jumpseats...maybe a downfiring sub in the center with false floors under the jumpseats to mount amps under???

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I have the third door, so i only have one jumpseat to worry about, but I think I remember reading somewhere that someone had built an 8" back behind the jumpseat..I think that would be totally cool, totally hidden....for myself, when i build my system, I plan on putting my component amp behind my jumpseat...

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Fillin it up

i have a third door extended cab with just the one jump seat. i am having a box made to hold 4 audiobahn AW1200 12 inch subs and three amps:evilg: .it is a BIG box. but i got an extended cab just for that pupose. the only person that i need to worry about sitting in my truck is me (which is a tight fit cause i am 6'6") and my girlfriend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey mighty you got a pic of that monster I was thinking on going that same route that is what I got the extended cab for my hobby

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 95 s15 with 4 audiobahn aw1200x. All in a row facing up. I dont have a 3r door so the rear jumpseats were useless. I removed them and had to cut the int panels to fit the box. I dont really care though because the interior is being redone. At first i just had 2 audiobahn's with an old alpine mrv1000 and it pounded louder than my previous setup with a mtx 2300 and fou kicker comps. I'm waitin to get the rest of my gear to finish the system.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hey, i have 4 of the same audiobahns. i need to have a bow made, but i am saving for an amp first. what are you running? any pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts