S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first problem that I am having is when I am sitting in traffic and am just having the automatic transmission push me along I hear a squeaky noise I don't have any idea what is causeing this. I recently had new bearings and a pinion seal replaced in my rearend about 3,500 miles ago could the shop have messed something up. Oh! my truck is a 2000 2.2L w/ auto trans and it has about 136,xxx miles on it.

My second problem is when I'm driving around 45-50mph I start to feel a slight vibration and when I was driving on the highway over the weekend I was driving between 65-70 mph and I also felt this vibration like before I don't know what is causeing this vibration any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a regular cab and how do I check the U-Joints?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Squeaky at low speeds + vibration on the highway = bad u-joints 95% of the time. The best test would be to drop the driveshaft and move the joints around..if theyre squeaking then most likely the bearings are ground up and gouged into the crossshaft, producing a very tight motion (if theres any at all)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished checking my u-joints (put the truck in nuetral and set the parking brake) and I think that they are ok because I held the yoke on the axle and turned the driveshaft and the u-joints didn't move I did the same for the front and no movement. When I turned the drive shaft back and forth I heard the squeaking noise that I hear after my truck has been sitting for a while at the end of the transmission could a bearing be shot in my trans? I had the trans flushed and the filter cleaned 8,xxx miles ago. So my trans fluid dosen't smell burnt. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts