S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my fender flares on and discovered something. my drivers side rear wheel is 1/4" farther forward than my passenger side. stuff like this bugs me. could the 3" drop blocks have done something? should i be concerned? i haven't driven it since i put the flares on and that required jacking it up. maybe just the way it settled down or something?

1990 4x4 2 door 4.3 blazer if that helps any.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I don't think your axle or housing is twisted, if it was you would definitely notice something like that going down the road. I'm thinking the drop blocks are the culprit, just get under there and loosen the u bolts up, realign the housing and make sure that the knob that sticks up on the blocks is set into the hole in the housing, you should be fine.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the blocks are in the correct spot, i made doubly sure of that when i put them in. actually now i'm thinking my frame could be warped. i've got a mad lean, almost 1.5" height difference between the drivers side and passenger side. you can see it pretty well in this pic.

i'm not really concerned with it but it does pester the fock out of me. i'm a perfectionist.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i asked about this on blazinlow. seems this is the blazers "chevy lean". axcept no body has ever remedied it. i was thinkin lower the drivers side another inch :phil:

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
I always thought the chevy lean was only on coil sprung front 2wd's. my truck used to sit level until i cranked the t-bars up, at the time i had to crank the drivers side up alot more than the pass. side to get it level, now the drivers side sits higher so i need to crank that one down a bit.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I thought the chevy lean was that the drivers side was about an inch lower?

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MINTSICK said:
I thought the chevy lean was that the drivers side was about an inch lower?
the is the 4x4 blazers "chevy lean" like the s-10s got their front end lean. on blazinlow their are tons of people with lowered 4x4s and 2wds with the same lean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts