S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the options? I need a "punch" my low end is weak but i have good mid and no high cuz my speed limiter. I hear a supercharger will give my my boost...and a turbo (id want twin) will give all around gains (by the way i am getting the speed limiter problem fixed shortly) opionions welcome!

·
Registered
201 Posts
well for starters if you plan on going s/c,t/c, or N2O and aren't going to change the ecu in any way your nuts. So your speed limiter shouldn't be a non issue.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly are we talking about with the ecu? I was gonna send the whole thing in to get it reprogrammed. and is it possible to run twin turbo's and a super charger? :evilg: i am planning on N20 i guess just a single 125 shot. and as far as stereo equipt...cost wise im only pushing 2 grand by the time i finally get my base.. i know i need headers and i believe new spark plug wires but what other mondifications should i start on as im saving?... is it possible to get a higher speedometer?...:thumbup:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Last time I checked turbos have to spin up for power while a supercharger incrementally increases power from the bottom up.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
s10rz350 said:
Last time I checked turbos have to spin up for power while a supercharger incrementally increases power from the bottom up.
yup. and as far as i know running turbos make goop hp and a supercharge makes good tq.

·
Registered
201 Posts
FYI: If you want to go w/ more than a 100 shot you are gonna need internals. w/ a 75-100 shot you will need at least an ignition.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but can i run twin turbos and a supercharger in my s-10?? and if so how much am i looking at?

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
well as far as making exhast manifolds for the turbo u will need to just take ur stock ones and flip them upside down, plus make the adapter for the turbo on each one, clearance will be a major issue seein as one super charger will take up the entire engine compartment almost, also if u intend on turbos u will need a intercooler which means u will need more space plus u have got to have room for the downpipes for the turbos, none of this stuff is cheap, either get a vortech s/c and intercooler, or a procharger and intercooler, or nos which u will need a ignition with and a cam get some head work and u will be rather quick thats my plans, take a look at SS ON NOS's truck and slamed98gmc these guys are running the bottle and are runnin 12-13's in the 1/4, but if you dont want to do NOS just buy a vortec 350 for 950 from a junk yard build the ******* up and stick it in will be far cheaper than tryin to fabricate twin turbos and will be just a little bit over a super charger and uhm 380+hp in a little light truck like yours hmm u do the math dude

1 - 10 of 10 Posts