S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put some tweets up in the corners of my 94 reg cab. how do the plastic trim pieces that go all the way up to the roof along the sides of the seats come off?:confused:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if no one knows what i am talking about, i can take a pic if it would help.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
You may wanna test that one out before you stick those tweets there permanently. You'll probably run into some imaging problems with the tweets so much closer to your ears than the rest of the mids. Get some double sided tape and stick them up there first, see how they sound...if it sounds off, reverse polarity on one side, then the other, see if it helps. Ok...on to your actuall question...if it's a regular cab, i'm pretty sure it just pops out

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i have a standard cab, and i have the tweets in the front and in the rear, the fronts are ran off the front channels and the rears off the rear channels, and the imaging is really great. just before you attempted to permantly mount them do what the other guy said and use some sticky tape and see where the best location for them is at, and when you are going to use the tweets use really good speaker wire such as monster cable, i ran it for mine before with reg. speaker wire and it sounded ok, but then ran with the monster cable and it dramaticly improved the highs, so if ur gonna do it....do it right.

i hope this helps you.

steve:thumbup:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap, i forgot to ask. do i have to take off the seatbelt thing to pop off the plastic trim?

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
ummm I don't know about your truck but mine has the "coat hangers" just above the seatbelts on the b-pillars...I was thinking of just mounting tweeters there like you're suggesting on your truck. Just a thought, it might be easier for you depending on the tweeters you've got. And w/ the imaging I get the feeling that if you're only using it for "rear fill" sound it shouldn't be too bad if you're running them off the rear channel like dropin is. Which by the way their both right about taking some tape and finding the perfect spot for them, mine is just more of a convienence location and should still work considering anything below that point will be covered by the seat belt.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking about getting a real, real low end amp for the tweets. what do you think, yay or nay? as for mounting the tweets where the coat hangers are indigoxtreme, are you going to remove them and put the tweets where they were, or am i misunderstanding what you wrote. cuz i think unless you have an extended cab the coat hangers are dumb which would leave room for some tweets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts