S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you go about tweeding areas that have to open and close with little to no room for tweed on the edges....such as a glovebox. I have done everything so far cept my dash and my doors and I am just curious as to how im going to get the glovebox and little nit picky things like cig lighter covers and stuff tweeded and remaining functional. It looks to me like there wouldnt be room to wrap the entire glovebox and dash in tweed and still leave enough of a gap for it to close without rippin the tweed or something. Anyone know what to do? Or anyone even get what im trying to say? haha

·
baby eagle
121 Posts
Give the glovebox a try, you could use adhesive and then also use pop rivets on the back to hold the tweed down. If you are worried about clearance, just put a washer under the bolts holding the striker and the glove box to adjust the spacing. Good luck on the cig lighter though.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
well lay your tweed over your glove box and cut enough so it will tuck all around and glue it all down and then glue it down on the back side on mine my glove box will close you kinda have to use a lil more pressure on closing it but not too bad and then when your done take a cigarette lighter and burn the corners to keep it from coming unraveled you dont have to tuck a whole lot on the back side of the glove box jus be patient dash isnt hard to do like jsmith said good luck on cigarette lighters they suck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts