S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I am going to be tweeding and painting the interior of my truck. I am painting the dash bezel, parts of my door panel (my door panel has cloth on it, I am just going to tweed that), and maybe some other things. My question is, should I paint the parts of the door panel that I am not tweeding first as well as the dash bezel and whatever else I decide to paint, or can I tweed it first then paint? I know I could just paint the dash bezel after I tweed, but the door panels are tricky.

I only have enough money for either tweed first or paint first. Think I could just get 2 different colors of tweed and use that instead of painting?

Another question, if I take the passenger air bag cover off, does the air bag shoot out? I was thinking that I could just take it off and tweed over the panel and put it back on, but if the airbag shoots out, then I will just tweed over it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but I was also thinking of, instead of painting, just getting 2 different colors of tweed. Then I wont have to worry about it :). But I would really like to get the tweeding done first. I guess I could just buy enough tweed to do my headliner and columns and maybe back part in the back of my ext cab., then buy the paint and what-not and do that. Then, when my b-day comes (in Feb. I will be 19 :)), use that money to buy the rest of the tweed.

How much would all the paint and supplies and what I need to paint the interior cost me roughly?

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
As for the painting process, if you look on my website on the 2nd page, it gives a kinda description on what to do, but all in all, i paid about $100, but it was worth it! It depends on what colors you want to do. I just used the same color as my truck, gave the paint store my paint code on my truck and they mixed some paint for me, and you cant tell in the pictures but its REALLY shiny and a little metallicy too and its also darker but in the pics it looks light. Heres my webpage:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/460331/2

If you have anymore questions im sure someone else on here will help you since almost everyone on here has probably done it before.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I think about it, I might just go ahead and tweed my entire door pannel since I am wanting to do the flame imprint thing. I might still paint my dash though, but I dont know. Might not look to good. Think 5 yrds of 1 color and 5 yrds of another color of tweed will give me enough to tweed my entire truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts