S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next mod is to do my interior. I want to get some nice tweed, but i dont know where to go. I live in South Florida and will travel to middle Florida for a good price and a good service. Help

·
Registered
162 Posts
go to a fabric store, buy some tweed and do it yourself. I did my whole interior(handle bezzels, dash, console, bottom pieces under seats) for about $90. A shop will rip you off. I have done all my own work. It shows how you've got pride in your ride. later

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Tribals10...how about you doin a how-to on the tweed. I'm interested in seeing how you do the compound curves on the dash and door panels. Take lots of pics and post them!

Thanx

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll try and take some pics today, but it's going to take a day or so to get them posted. To start though, 3M adhesive works great. it's about 10bucks a can. when you do tweed you want to leave enough to wrap the edges around the back that won't be seen for a better look and hold. when you spray the adhesive you wait a few seconds and lay the tweed. if you mess up you have a couple minutes to take it off before it dries. as for curves try to buy a tweed that gives a little, something strong that can stretch a little. there will be times when you have to cut it to get through some curves. try to keep the pattern going the same direction throughout the truck. you can cut out foam designs to place underneath for flame designs or whatever. I did this in my headliner. the satisfaction is better than any you'll get dropping 400 - 600 bucks in some shops hand for 30 - 90 bucks in cost. later

·
295 Posts
sweet man! :bowdown: thanks a bunch! i've been looking everywhere for a how-to on tweed interiors. i don't know if i'll use actual tweed though. should other material work the same? just as long as it isn't cheap, at least? thanks again! i'll be waiting for the pics.

off to jo-ann fabrics i go. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
pisoncavalier, wtf is on top of your truck?!?

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
do you have to sand down any areas before you spary the 3m on??????????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone put tweed on the glovebox door? I tried and it looks like sh!t where the handle is. You can see where I had to cut it. If someone else has got theirs to come out right, could you please post a pic of it and give me some pointers. Also, how do i get the ashtray door off. I want to do that too.

Thankx

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
98'LB said:
Has anyone put tweed on the glovebox door? I tried and it looks like sh!t where the handle is. You can see where I had to cut it. If someone else has got theirs to come out right, could you please post a pic of it and give me some pointers. Also, how do i get the ashtray door off. I want to do that too.

Thankx
Glovebox... take it apart and wrap the backside underneath the plastic backing... doing the handle is pretty easy. razorblade... slice a line smaller than the handle of course... tweed will bend around and close back up once the handle pops through.

Ashtray... drop all the paneling below with all the wiring ect. Start there, you should be able to find a simple way to get it out.

I stopped my interior tweeding for the time being since my cab is getting overhauled. I don't want to retweed the new panels I make.

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
Its not that hard man just try it yourself

·
Registered
13 Posts
ya you sand it all down and even grind some of the really rough spots. just make everything run together. then spray the adhesive and put on the tweed.

·
Eric
2,926 Posts

Thankx
Best pics I have from doing my glovebox...

I had a few places that my cuts didn't cover...I just cut small pieces of Tweed and filled in the space. You are never going to look behind the handle and the angle of the door installed doesnt show anything anyway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts