S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a tv and dvd in my truck. what do i need besides the monitor and dvd player? how much more would it cost to put my ps2 in it?

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
OMG... Where's a cop?

Why, are you gonna play Grand Turismo while going down the highway?

Gonna watch the matrix on the way to work?

Well, it's your truck....

If you get a good unit, (Alpine or the like) it should come with everything you need as far as cables and such. You may need an amp to run your speakers if it's going to replace your head unit. I don't think those flip ups have a built in amp.

As far as the PS2, The monitor should have an AUX input for RCA cables or S-Video. HINT, Use the PS2 DVD/CD player and save some $$$

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
Where do you want to put your TV (LCD) at? you can put them in your viser, in the dash as your deck, or SAVV just came out with one that clips onto your re-view mir. when truned off you can not even tell that there is a tv there. i will try to post some pic of what i am talking about soon i hope
EcKo

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
well you will need a power inverter to put in your PS2. and then you dont need a dvd player. i got my inverter for like 40 or 50 bucks, dont remember exact. anything else you may need depends on how and where you will set this all up. FM modulators can work for the sound to come out of your stereo's speaker. Unless you have a headunit with an aux input for the ps2 to go directly to that.........

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do want my sound to come through all truck speakers so i will need fm modulator, right? i've got a std. cab so where do you think i can mount this stuff? i thought about dvd player in glove box and i don't really know about the monitor. i think i'm gonna go with a pedastal like in this pic. i don't know if i'm gonna use the ps2 yet. i like to play it at home and i don't know if i'm gonna have room. hope you guys can tell how the monitor is mounted in the pic. the monitor swivels any way you want it to.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
ok im not positive from the pic, but it looks like its on a pedastal that is just on the floor. but i can tell for sure. yeah you can get the fm mod. that connects the ps2 to your radio to get the sounds. monitor...you can get a new headunit with retractable one, then you wont need fm mod either. or monitor in/on dash, visors, they have new rear view mirrors with a tv in the glass, etc...... use your imagination.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the monitor in the pic is on a pedastal mounted to the floor. that is probably what i'm gonna do but i'll get something figured out hopefully

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well... for security/clean look, I would say to mount the PS2 and monitor both in the glove compartment, and then have it so you open the glove compartment to put a dvd in, swivel the monitor out, then close the glove compartment again (you would need a notch or something so the arm could come out w/ the door shut). Or you could do something simple and kind of cheap like this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1347401229 , or mount something like this to the glove compartment, dash, or visors http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348786326 , or if you want something free standing, here's... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348410381 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348410956 , or if you wanted something really cool (and big) and completely custom... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348109960 . Just throwing out a few ideas... I just did a search on ebay and this is what I came up with.

DogP

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
hey....now that last link i like! That would be sweet....a pain in the ass to do, but sweet as hell. Too bad that guy dont know anything about that screen, just wants to sell it and doesnt know if it works. DogP.....you know of any companies/websites that sell that? I have two 5.6" screens going in my visors but i may have to wait on that for now and see what my other options are first. Thanx........

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well... there is something like this... a little expensive and not quite the same, but you could customize it so it is like the other one (at least this one comes w/ everything - I think) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348062278 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1349151946 , or something like this would be sweet... can be mirrored (mount down in the dash and have a mirror show the picture - like old arcade games!) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1349049265 , or here is something like I think you were looking for... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1349070687 . There's just a couple more options...

DogP

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for findin all this stuff DogP. all those monitors are nice but i'm probably only gonna go with like a 7" b/c they are cheaper. i'm gonna look on ebay when i get time to see what i can find. i still haven't decided if i'm puttin the ps2 in or not. i think i'm gonna convert to bucket seats and make a custom console. i could put my ps2 or dvd in it and maybe even my monitor.

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
To be able to run your ps2 in there have u thought about a Power Inverter.. I have them in stock if u need one plus I can get you a 7" screen for a fair price..let me know at [email protected]

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
ok,
first dont go with a pedistal mount it looks retarded. Plus you loose even more space. Second in a reg cab, you can do a couple of different ideas. First you can go with a fold out screen that replaces the deck all major manufacturers have them Alpine starts at a grand for one with only a radio tuner, sony is the same but you get a 7 inch screen. Kenwood makes a touch screen that starts at 1500 (i think), Pioneer has a new one coming out that has everything built in including the brain (most of the models have a remote mount brain that controls everything). If you decide not to go that route you can do a stand alone system ie. a sunvisor screen (or screens) I am going with two of these because when not in use you can flip them up and no more screen! Never the less no matter what you do you need either a deck with an aux input and an adapter to go from RCA to the plug or an RF modual that puts the sound through an fm signal. (this method allows you to retain the stock deck.) Make sure you use good audio cable or you will get alternater whine. Monster cable makes the best. Using a PS2 for the DVD is a popular option Xbox works too (I have done both). You will need a power inverter for the PS2 or whatever. Just wire it into acc. or constant if you remember to turn it off everytime. Sorry if its a little long, I do it for a living and I am really into it. I am going with two visor screens with a ps2. Later Jered

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
yea pedestal mounts look really gay...i am coming up with a custom glove box thing for my standar cab..since you know....the glove boxes are soo spacious and usefull (bullsh!t)

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
:angel: Ok I seen tthe word Pioneer in dash..I can get the Pioneer 7' in dash LCD w/ cd, dvd player and the brain al fro around $1525.00.. There listed on Pioneers site for $1999.00

Item # is AVX-P7300DVD and its a motorized screen it takes about a week to get it in if you r interested..if u need anymore info on somemore tv's 5", 5"6, 6", 6'8, and 7" shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll get u some prices:thumbup:

·
Registered
653 Posts
DO NOT GET AN FM MODULATOR, IT WILL SOUND LIKE SH!T. buy a head unit with an aux in, all the new alpines have a part that lets you have an aux in through the cd changer controls, the newer pioneers are the same way, just dont go with an fm modulator.

·
Registered
108 Posts
USEENMYBEER said:
:angel: Ok I seen tthe word Pioneer in dash..I can get the Pioneer 7' in dash LCD w/ cd, dvd player and the brain al fro around $1525.00.. There listed on Pioneers site for $1999.00

Item # is AVX-P7300DVD and its a motorized screen it takes about a week to get it in if you r interested..if u need anymore info on somemore tv's 5", 5"6, 6", 6'8, and 7" shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll get u some prices:thumbup:
I have the pioneer and I hate the way it mounts. Its too wide for the opening in the bezel so the trim piece around the HU sits behind the bezel. Other than the fitment issue, I love it. I haven't had the time to rip it out again to remount it, i picked up a bezel from a 99 S10 that's wider than my 02 S10 (hopefully it will fit). I bought the pioneer monitor, brain, and tv tuner used from a friend and he gave me his bezel. I slapped a pic of it in my truck (stock interior) and two from the guy I bought it from (tweeded interior).

(sorry about the pic size)
-Kevin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts