S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Karbon Kreationz
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aiight i know some of you guys had asked how i do my stuff in photoshop and were lookin for some tutorials. Post up in here what u want to learn or see and ill try my best. Thanks to the guys that showed/explained how to make screen shots. And if anyone else like wildmanSS or Snoogy or any of you guys that know photoshop wanna jump in an show your ideas.....go for it.

SO......go ahead guys and post up what u wana know.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
everything.....:D

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
lol... everything as in photoshopping....:p

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
i dont get how you make the background look the same when you drop the trucks. the only way i can figure out how to drop them is tracing them and lowering them that way. but then there is a big white gap from where the truck used to be. and also i dont understand how to make the rims change angles like when someone wants specific rims on there vehicle and you make them look right. do you just use the skew distortion or what?

·
This is doo doo baby!
10,360 Posts
i dont get how you make the background look the same when you drop the trucks. the only way i can figure out how to drop them is tracing them and lowering them that way. but then there is a big white gap from where the truck used to be. and also i dont understand how to make the rims change angles like when someone wants specific rims on there vehicle and you make them look right. do you just use the skew distortion or what?
http://www.photoshopchop.com/photoshop-tutorials/p2_articleid/36

for the wheels the main part is trying to find a wheel thats at the same angle the car is at

·
Karbon Kreationz
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aiight guys ill show you using my own truck pics. Ill start with a drop that doesnt really mess with the background too much. It is done in CS3 just so there is no confusion.
First step: Make a selection around the body of the car but above the tires. Try not to cut off any of the tires. The Red are is where i usually select. After selecting either hit CTRL+J(makes a duplicate of that particular selection) or CTRL+C and then CTRL+V (which is copy and paste).

Second Step: Drop that particular layer (should be layer 2) to the ride height your looking for using the MOVE tool and then I like to go thru with a eraser that has a lower "hardness" and clean up the edges around the tires and sides until the background sort of blends back together. In this case you can see where the cement blends back together.

Step Three: This is what you guys were looking for. In order to stretch the background back to normal. I make a straight selection using the Polygonal Selection Tool and holding the SHIFT key to make straight lines of the upper portion of Layer 2. Then make a copy of that particular piece (again CTRL+J or Ctrl+c and Ctrl+V). The Red line shows where to select in this particular pic. It gets hard sometimes depending on the background. Certain pics have houses or other things that look weird stretched out. In the case i usually just make a black box on the top and bottom of the chop covering the areas that were screwed up during the drop.

Final Step: After making the copy of the selection hit CTRL+T to bring up your transform box. Simply stretch the top back up to the border of the picture and you should be all set.

Original Pic:

Final Product:

Any questions let me know. Hopefully this helps some of you guys. Sorry im not the best at explaining stuff but the more you work the program the faster and easier it becomes.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
damn...i give up this aint working for me...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts