S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im totaly torn between getting cool ride front again or to get shockwaves. ive been hearing some not good things about the shockwaves....but also good things. i want to have my truck sit low but i dont want to lose turning raduis..... SCHIT i cant decide

i think i might just get the same damn kit again and just live with out being able to turn all the way. how much an i gonna lose?? like a 1/4 of a wheel turn or what?? and what happens when you turn the wheel all the way could end up breaking schit? or do i make the stop stickout more to make it stop before it gets there?

man..... im so confused... what to do what to do

scott

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i have the coolride. no problems with it whatsoever, and it adds about 2 in more travel at the wheel than the shockwave. the only bad part is the shocks, but i mounted them right next to the frame. they still do their job and the tires (205/65-15) contact them only at full lock, so i really didnt lose much. get them nice and close, and youll be fine. and it wont break stuff when it hits because youre usually going pretty slow at full lock and not hitting too many bumps. ok, lata

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i have the coolride. no problems with it whatsoever, and it adds about 2 in more travel at the wheel than the shockwave. the only bad part is the shocks, but i mounted them right next to the frame. they still do their job and the tires (205/65-15) contact them only at full lock, so i really didnt lose much. get them nice and close, and youll be fine. and it wont break stuff when it hits because youre usually going pretty slow at full lock and not hitting too many bumps. ok, lata
he is right.......if you run shocks with the cool ride you will lose on at full lock up but its worth it with tht e ride you get and how much lower you will be going without spending a grand on the shockwaves and control arms

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think im gonna get the coolride kit. and have a shop install my front shocks. hopefully they wont **** anything up. im kinda worried to have somene else becides myself work on my truck. does anyone know any good shops in so cal???????

thanks
scott

ohh also i think i might sell my wheels and get some 18s of the same wheel. do you think that i will get as low as before with out cutting fenders with a 225/40 or 45/18. also. i was thinking maybee i would run a 17" in front and a 18 out back.... will this look good?
tks

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
45 is too big, maybe 40, but 35 will definately keep you low. the shocks arent that huge of a dea, but im not oo fond of the eye-to-eye shocks that airride gives you. i like the stem shocks, they allow for more articulation and dont put as much stress on the shock tower. lata

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks,

i would like to have some 20s but i dont wanna have any more problems with clearence:rolleyes:

how much do you think i could get for my wheels?
there are two little dints in the front wheels and the back wheels are either wider or diffrent offset... i think they are just a widerwheel

scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Altophobic

I would say, if you go with Belltech Nitro Active Drop Shocks, you will lose a 1/4" turning radius. The Nitro Actives are skinnier then the Monroes that come with the kit.

I can do our own kit that is similar in design to the Air Ride with the Belltech Shocks if you like.

When we install the shocks, we also weld in turn stops so you don't hit them

Check out www.alteredaltitudecustoms.com and go to projects and Jim's Extreme, we have some pics of the front install complete.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey jeff

I would say, if you go with Belltech Nitro Active Drop Shocks, you will lose a 1/4" turning radius. The Nitro Actives are skinnier then the Monroes that come with the kit.

I can do our own kit that is similar in design to the Air Ride with the Belltech Shocks if you like.

When we install the shocks, we also weld in turn stops so you don't hit them

Check out www.alteredaltitudecustoms.com and go to projects and Jim's Extreme, we have some pics of the front install complete.
that looks good. will it sit the same when deflated as my coolride did? and it will ride just as good or better than the monroe wont it? can you pm me with a price for a whole kit

thanks
scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Yeap

Our kit will go as low as the Cool Ride kit. The Belltechs are a lot stiffer shock then the monroes. Firm but not to harsh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts