S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, how much intercooled boost can my 2k 4.3 handle stock? Also, I was thinking either do one decent size turbo, or 2 smaller ones, for space reasons and what not....what do you think? And what models would you suggest? Thanks!!

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
well 2 small turbos will spool up quicker, but ive heard that one big turbo can push more boost.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
5500$ for a COMPLETE AND SAFE turbo kit from Mach..

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinkin custom reversed headers...then bolt the turbos right up....maybe...

And I was also thinkin about taking turbos from already turboed cars to save a lil green. I had GN's in mind...

No one has mentioned how much intercooled boost a stock motor can handle yet...

Thanks...

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i think bill mach sets his kit up to boost only 8psi max unless you have a built tranny and/or engine

·
Registered
940 Posts
for stock motor's and trannies i think from a turbo you will only want to run 5-7 lbs of boost, anything more then that and you will start to tear the tranny up, on the stock motor with a stronger tranny, you should be fine with up to 8-10 lbs if everything is tunned right, the reason the superchargers guys run more boost is becuase they don t make the TQ that us turbo guys make, about fitting 2 turbos good luck for those of you that think it can be done easyily i would like to see you try, anything can be done, but your going to have to start moving alot of stuff around with twins on a second gen.

·
12,507 Posts
a big cowl hood would help.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
i think one turbo would be easier...

if you go twin.. do like audi and go sequential- one small one big. the small spools up quick then the boost comes from the big one once spooled- result? almost no turbo lag to get the little guy going and then once the motor is up and whinin' the big guy kicks in. I've ridden in a S4 Audi that was tuned to around 550 HP and have never seen anything like it. Looks like a lowered 4 door grocery getter.....but you cant lean forward at full throttle going 120 and accelerating!

·
12,507 Posts
lack of space under the hood for turbos? maybe im wrong tho, a few days ago a ricer told me a cowl hood added 50 hp because it blew air on the engine...

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
lack of space under the hood for turbos? maybe im wrong tho, a few days ago a ricer told me a cowl hood added 50 hp because it blew air on the engine...

:twak: haha!! that ricer is fuggin jackass. a cowl does blow air yes but not that much! to get 50 hp you have to put 5 stickers on your car. :rock:

·
12,507 Posts
he didnt even mean a ram air system - he meant the engine gained 50 hp cuz the air blowing ON it cooled it off. i had to walk away before i fell down laughing.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
hahaha. has anyone tried a transam hood and then contacted k&n to try and make it functional??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts