S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends told me to go to www.turbonator.com and check this out. I went and it sounds pretty good to me and i was just wonderin if anyone else had tryed anything like this out? If so did it see like it gave your truck more hp, and did it help on gas mileage? thanx

·
Registered
201 Posts
:twak:
:lol:
:booty:
:madfinger
:bash:
:twak:

This is stupid. Someone on another board (z28.com or something) calculated that it would take over 50,000 watts to generate enough flow to get any pressure in the manifold. You wold actually be losing power by having a massive alternator. This is the dumbest idea. Kinda funny though

Might as well use leaf blowers. (caleb... cough cough... caleb:p )

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No... This thing doesn't move... I believe that this is like the tornado thing. It doesn't require any power, but I have heard it does nothing.

DogP

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I love the guy with the neon that gained 10 horsepower from it yet also gained a full second in the quarter mile.......LOLOLOLOL Does he post here......:) Save your money.. Like PT said..Theres one born every minute

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
LMAO!!!!!!!

"In a completely stock 99' Dodge Neon sport, I gained ten horses and went from 34-37 wheel hosepower to 44-47 wheel horsepower (using a G-Tech Pro performance meter). I have also noted (when I drive responsibly) a gain in gas mileage. I also lost a full second off my Quarter-mile times; from 16.8 to 15.8 and probably could have done better with more time with the G-Tech." -Francis Mize (Cincinnati,OH)

15's with 47 [email protected] wheels????

alot of cars with [email protected] wheels wont run 15's

BULLSH!T........... thats right i called thier BULLSH!T i want to see this neon with the rocket packs.......How much does a sidewinder engine cost?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hmmm i'm not really understanding where it goes? do u just put it in the line from the air box? or is it, its own little intake.....its kinda like my k&n drop in which k&n brags about turbulating the incoming air, which somehow helps? looks like another waste of money to me.......

a 95 neon sport coupe run 16.2 according to motor trend i'd imagine it wouldnt be to hard to get it in the high 15's.....i wouldnt think the turbulator or wtf it is would do it tho....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah as far as i know it goes in the air line...i have no idea if i should orderone or not

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Save your money. I had a long chat with my brother in law who's an engineer at Exxon and has a Phd in chemical engineering and fluid flow dynamics. Any swirl induced by that turbo thingy would be lost at the first obstrution or bend in the intake tract. Actually, the curved runners that go between the throttle body and the head may induce their own swirl due to the bend in the runners. I imagine the flat shape of the butterfly in the TB would do wonders in straightening out the air flow from that thing too. :) Put your bucks in a good aftermarket intake like Volant or K&N. Most of us will vouch for those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts