S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i get a turbo from a syclone or typhoon and with other parts bolt it onto my 4.3 tbi?

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
not unless you get everything frome the syty to do the swap, computer, exhaust intake everything

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
we've got 2 turbo kits coming out soon.

Mach Performance is debuting in Feb. and the McCoy Motorsports is looking for test vehicles, so I'd say by the end of summer.

·
538 Posts
ill be a test subject

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
J_Rod said:
we've got 2 turbo kits coming out soon.

Mach Performance is debuting in Feb. and the McCoy Motorsports is looking for test vehicles, so I'd say by the end of summer.
Yeah too bad they arent for the tbi non vortech's

·
538 Posts
Tha_Boom said:

Yeah too bad they arent for the tbi non vortech's
im gonna built the worlds first 2.8 tbi turbo 4x4

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:

im gonna built the worlds first 2.8 tbi turbo 4x4
I cannot wait to see that puppy!:thumbup: it will really turn some heads!

·
538 Posts
Tha_Boom said:

I cannot wait to see that puppy!:thumbup: it will really turn some heads!
actually i was talking to my boss about it today and he actually said itd work! i already have a turbo from a mitsu, a little brother of the sy/ty turbo, im goin twin tubo setup, because custom manifolds would be tough to get. im gonna see if i can get another turbo from this one guy.

oh yeah twin intercoolers too

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I've wanted to do what Mazda did on the RX7's (later ones) one smaller turbo that spins up faster for low end and then a bigger turbo for top end. :evilg:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine management/fuel system...

The big key!

BTW: The Rx-7, along with Supra and about every other factory sequential twin turbo car basically have 2 turbos of the same size, or they're so close to the same size it's irrevelant. BUT all the exhaust from the engine going through 1 turbo spools it quick, then at a certain rpm/load, some exhaust starts "pre-spooling" the 2nd turbo then they're both online up to redline.

:) Felt like getting a post or 2 in before I show my lack of detailed knowledge on factory GM truck powertrain specifics.

-------> Look for another post here in a second!

R

·
538 Posts
ok

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
ok so they are sequential, my friend owned a 94 for a couple years, i swear I remember reading that one is smaller than the other, but thats just from my memory and I dont rely on it much :)

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Those of you who are interested in running twin turbos might want to check out Mike Lee's site at http://arautosports.com/ He has a twin turbo Typhoon that annihilates just about everything on the street... I have bought a few items from him for my Syclone and he has great service.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts