S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 2001 S10 FFV 2.2l 5 speed single cab short bed rwd. Have a Garrett 48mm turbocharger with external wastegate set at 6-7 psi on her with a begi rrfpr, wideband will be in tomorrow for fine tuning of everything. I’m getting a hesitation anywhere from half throttle to wide open. It will sputter, backfire, and when I turn up the needle valve on the RRFPR it will sometimes cut fuel for a moment around 3/4 to wide open throttle. Have put restriction in regulator signal line from manifold as well. Also am running e85 on stock injectors which flow at 28 pounds per hour to my knowledge. Just looking for some other thoughts on what this sputtering and backfires are past half throttle. Not sure if I need to upsize injectors or of maybe tps. Just looking for some ideas! Still have a long way to go with the truck. But I want to figure this out before continuing with anything else! Thank you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought regular 2.2 was 17 or 19 pound injectors and five was like 21. I would start by searching for your actual injector size. I would NOT drive it anymore until you get the wide band installed and see afr. Even with 21 pound injectors they can only flow so much. My guess is you are dangerously lean when you get the hesitation. Keep running lean and you will melt a piston

·
Registered
137 Posts
That should have said ffv instead of five. I believe your injectors even at max duty cycle are being pushed beyond their limits

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Shane Cary
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing