S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
baggin' in
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install a TURBO from these guys is it all just bolt ons or does it take welding too? thanks

·
Central Kentucky Tech
431 Posts
if you have to ask, i'd probally say it's more involed than you have skills for.

Avtekk installed on, and he has a post somewhere showing the steps. (not a guide, merly a testament to what went into it.)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Avtekk’s install is nothing like the new kits. Theoretically a turbo kit should be relatively easy to install (it was a hell of a lot easier than my bag install) but this kit requires some adjusting, drilling and pounding. He might have fixed the problems with the newer kits I think mine was the second one sold. There is no welding, but you have to figure out where the pieces go yourself and you have to open up the waistgate and cut the spring so you’re not running 11psi.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
I just think that hes a bunch of bullshit where he swears up and down that the kit is set to run at 8lbs or so, yet he is selling you an unopened 1st gen DSM wastegate set to 11! I dont like the it he sells, never have.

·
Registered
301 Posts
wait a couple more weeks and there will be a two more companies coming out with Professional Kits instead of the backyard kits turbos-10 is selling..

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Lets just say What a frigin pain in the ass. It took a lot of time and tweaking to get the kit in the truck. I took about 40 man hours to get it in right moving things adjusting thinge fixing things and still theres a few little but I dont care problems. Was it worth Hells Yeah would I do it again Sure would I reccomend it to someone without a shop to work in **** NO.

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
I would wait until a much more professional kit decides to come along. A kit that sells at 6psi and promises alot and you get nothing!

No instructions, no pictures, no nothing. Only years 98+ also, they need to work on it some more or just flat out find someone else.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How serious can he really be about selling turbo kits? He can't even post pics of it on his website, let alone any USEFULL information about it.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
and when you buy it you don't get instructions and it looks like crap, and its the wrong turbo kit and hes unwilling to fix the problem.

Caleb

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
I really didnt have to alter anything I just had to move things that were unmentioned around such as fpr and well that was it. Telling me in advance about the motor mounts and all that would have been nice but still it all lined up

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just finished my turbo s10 kit a few weeks ago and it took me about three weeks to put it in but i was also going to school and work so its not like i spent all my time on it but anyway it was a pain in my rear end and very expensive, i have a 98 that was made at the beginning of the year so i geuss at that time GM was using left over 97 starters which is twice the size of a 98 or 99 starter. I had to buy a 99 starter for my up pipe to fit that cost me 200 for just a rebuilt starter. but its running know and sounding good its very fast and code free thus far. i had problems with my oil leaking but i fixed that with this stuff called real tuff i got at home depot. other than that it is really strong and i plan to put a boost controller on to turn the boost down a little so i wont feel so guilty about running it hard. and im the only turbo 2.2 that i know of in maryland. i would recomend the kit if you like to tinker and have so time to spend and your good at fabricating. i learned alot and had fun and i have even more fun embaressing those little rice burners and v6 everything especially when they instagate an arse whoppen

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
Might of taken a little longer had I not stopped by TNT;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually that is very true if 99Super-10 hadnt stopped by i prabably would have never figured out that i needed a 99 starter and i would still be N/A and pissed off at turbo s-10, but its on and running strong

1 - 13 of 13 Posts