S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since i've posted about this but i'm gettin there. I have the perfect intercooler now so that helps a lot. i've done a lot of educational engine teardowns and i'm learning more about the 2.2 daily. Unfortunatly my computer is done so i have to use a friendsto post on here. i hope to be done the kit by the end of the summer. the only thing left to worry about is the fuel system .keep ya posted

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
IF you get it done I might scrap the idea of building a ZO6 s-10 and just have turbo 4

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Hey when you do finish let me know man I've had the debate about engine swaps. Let us know dyno numbers if you get them. (Which I would hope you have, considering some testing that a turbo needs)

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
yeah no kidding, considering that it's taken them almost a year. I've gotten a list of parts needed from a few sources and from everything I've heard it shouldn't be that hard to make the parts. It's the tuning that seems to be the issue. how hard that really is I don't know, but it don't see why it could be so difficult w/ the turbocharged cavs to use as a comparison.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Xtreme Jimmy said:
:woah: A Turboed S-10 :headbang: Smoke those Ricers!!!
well technicly a Syclone is a turboed S10, its just not a 4banger

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Ya, I know 'bout the Syclone/Typhoons. I also know those 4bangers need a little help, and a Turbo/aftercooler would be just the ticket. Smoke those Hondas peeps!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
as far as tuning goes make sure u have the proper injectors and fuel maping in the computer u may also want to look at upgrading the ignition as much as possible id look at the msd dis 2 unit its a bit pricey but it may be worth the trouble....also how much do u plan on boosting did u lower the compression ratio at all...i think stock is 9.5:1 or 9:1 i cant remember u may want to consider going to 8.5:1 to allow for higher boost numbers i.e. 15 psi or above **** ure trying to move a 3000 lbs truck here i dont think low boost numbers will help very much..... id alos replace the head gasket i think i remember reading a recall notice somewhere on this board about it....cant wait to see it finished though post up some times when your done :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts