S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new at the whole turbo thing... So, my 2.2 is so slow and I dont want the headache of a V-8 swap. They have kits on Epay for $750, I think that is crap, but if its not than I'll do it. Or would I be better off peicing a kit together myself. If I did peice it together, how much would I expect to spend? I want to leave internals stock, just run low boost. Help me out and tell me what I should do.

·
Registered
320 Posts
one word t88 baby....Peicing a kit would probably cost more than the ebay one IMO. BTW don't go with a t-88.

·
Currently Spoolin
1,448 Posts
Ummm ebay doesn't sell a kit that will fit directly on our trucks....as far as I know it's for the cavalier someone correct me if I'm wrong... There is a kit offered for our trucks for 2300...

http://www.dts2.net/turbos-10/

piecing it together would be the way to go but you need to have some experience with the subject to know how to get what parts for cheap

·
rb25det inside :D
498 Posts
i got probably 300 into mine right now but then i made everything myself and had a ton of stuff laying around. Best bet is to search and learn as much as you can before starting a turbo project. fwiw a t3 turbocharger with a .63 a/r on the turbine side spools just fine. A good book to buy or dl(i found it on the web someplace after i bought it) is corkey bell's maximum boost. But when u do get it started we will be here to help ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
ive got a lil less than 2 grand in mine right about now. i made pretty much everything myself so that keeps cost down and the only thing i went cheap on is i/c tubing, i didnt see the need to spend the money on silicone couplers for $30 a pop. Do lots of research first and plan everything out and if you need it all the guys on here are very helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts