S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. im going to turbo my 91' s10.. i have pretty much everything i need.. now i need to find out what i need to beef up my fuel system.. ive heard you could use a tbi 454 injection setup on our trucks? would the be enough fuel for a t4 turbo at around 10psi? or what do you guys think i should do.. what fuel pump? what injectors?

thanks guys...

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
The injectors should be taken and have them balanced & blue printed. As for the fuel pump, A high output pump will work just fine. I have a brand new Paxton "Blue" fuel pump that I never used for sale for $200 if you are interested. 10psi would be just perfect for this motor.
HANG ON!!!!!

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Moodyracing said:
10psi would be just perfect for this motor.
HANG ON!!!!!
only if your going to run an intercooler...:detonation:

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
Not 100% true. I have built turbo kits for some 4 cylinder toyota trucks running a MAX 10psi without an I/C. Honda cars run about 9-10 psi without one. The detonation is mainly caused by the fuel managment reaching thier limits.
With the I/C it will drasticly cool the intake charge, thus allowing to run more efficiantly and run more boost. If you run @10 psi without an I/C, you could turn up the boost 2-3 psi with one.:D

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
If you cant afford an intercooler get the Holley Alcohol injection kit and set it around 7-8psi. Then you've got no worries.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Moodyracing said:
The detonation is mainly caused by the fuel managment reaching thier limits.
:D
Right, we're talking about a TBI here. And any 4.3 I've seen never runs more then 8-9psi non-IC'd

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
I do have a Starion intercooler that I have just hanging in my garage. If you are interested, I will get rid of it for $200.00. I used it on my Civic a couple years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts