S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking at the LB4 engine I came a cross a turbo kit that supposedly fits my s10. The kit includes a Turbo, 35/38 mm wastegate, a pair of cast manifolds, crossover pipes, and an oil line kit for about 820 or so with tax. Now I haven’t looked up any turbo threads for a 262 v6 turbo automatic, but do you guys recommend this for an 01 4.3 LS?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,562 Posts
Moved to Blowers & Bottles.

·
I turn.
2,557 Posts
That's a solid price for those parts but it's going to be the other stuff that really adds up. Fuelling and tuning will make or break the project and those won't be cheap. I'd count on needing another $1.5 or 2K to complete the project.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that this turbo actually exists, I put all my plans aside for what I was going to do and focus on this. Are there any recommendations for fuel injectors, if possible to keep the ac, do I have to re route the battery, tips on inter cooler and piping, etc. Typing this is I just now realized I should of looked before but never hurts to ask. After this I’ll do my research of threads and builds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fuel Injectors
1. You could go with an altered stock spider. I've seen as high as 60lb/hr. This allows you to retain the stock intake manifold and keeps things simple and is possibly the cheapest option.
2. Custom intake manifold with provisions for the injectors of your choice. Big money or fabrication skills
3. Modified carburated intake manifold with fuel injectors bungs added
4. 4.3 Marine intake allows normal injectors

That kit is only the hot side. The cold side will add up quickly. The aforementioned fuel delivery options add up and then there are supporting mods.

Parish did a turbo 4.3 automatic on here 8 ish years ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel Injectors
1. You could go with an altered stock spider. I've seen as high as 60lb/hr. This allows you to retain the stock intake manifold and keeps things simple and is possibly the cheapest option.
2. Custom intake manifold with provisions for the injectors of your choice. Big money or fabrication skills

That kit is only the hot side. The cold side will add up quickly. The aforementioned fuel delivery options add up and then there are supporting mods.

you think I can get a link to that thread

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Fuel Injectors

Also what parts are needed for the cold side I’m still somewhat a noob on turbos but I did quite a few research on turbo mounts and how it works. I wanted to learn more in depth on how every part fits and works but I learned through diagrams and videos so I’m okayish in it. But if anything I’d be down to fab it myself. It’s just straights, 90s, and 45s angles for piping right? 😅

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got done puting a turbo on a 4.3, how much can it take?

Don't forget a blow off valve and the location for the intercooler. Finding a good tuner will make this far easier.

If you want to go big buck turbo 4.3.
Syty
Yeah I saw some pictures on how this guy cut off parts of his chassis and fitted right in but I will avoid cutting anything and see how I can fit it. Also just to freshen up the shiny part of the turbo goes towards the intake manifold and the cold side of the intercooler and the other rusty part goes towards hot side right towards the headers down the exhaust. Just a quick question, but anyways I’m going start ordering parts now. I just want a decent build since this is my first time doing this haha so I don’t want to be running anything too crazy since this is my daily driver. I live in Austin so I’ll probably hit up some shops down at Houston since they have a lot of shops there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts