S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a tuneup on a friends 84 2.4 truck i went to start it up it ran for a few min then it backfired out the carb and wont start. after it backfired i thought that it was a crossed wire so i re ran them to chiltons specs and it still won't run its got 130000 miles and the oil wasn't changed for a year until i did the tuneup. i have gone over everything and it is all hooked up the right way and the firing order i was using is 1-2-3-4-5-6 if there is an alternate for 2.8 please post
thaks for any help

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Question: 84 GMC Jimmy s-15 2.8L V6 mileage: 100K. Can you tell me the firing order on a 2.8 litre GMC V-6 and how the cylinders are numbered?

Answer: Firing order is 123456. Number one cylinder is right front, number three middle right, number five last on right. Number two left front etc.

Hope this helps. Backfiring through the carb can also be a timing issue.

P.S. Anybody that doesnt change there oil for a year shouldnt be driving...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah oil changes are fun, you get to get under your truck away from all the idiot's of the above world

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
under your truck?....on this forum there isnt much room under these trucks...better off to use a lift...:)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i can still barely get a jack on a framerail on both sides and lift it, u can get your truck on a lift, must be nice, my front will stop me from getting on most lifts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah oil changes are fun but its a part of life (of your truck!)

but oh yes it fun on a warm Saturday morning under your truck...if you can get under it...

I have to squeeze the factory siccor jack under the front of the rails just to get the floor jack under the A-frame....and i no where as low as most people...

Fun fun fun!!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
I changed the oil in my truck once but it just got dirty again so I haven't done it since. And why waste money on oil and filters when I can but those tree shaped air freshners?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Question: 84 GMC Jimmy s-15 2.8L V6 mileage: 100K. Can you tell me the firing order on a 2.8 litre GMC V-6 and how the cylinders are numbered?

Answer: Firing order is 123456. Number one cylinder is right front, number three middle right, number five last on right. Number two left front etc.

just a little clarifycation number 1 cyl is on the passanger side! been there done that... got a 4.3 to prove it now :D

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
your right boom. they say right side meaning as you sit in truck looking towrds front of motor:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts