S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to rebuild my 2.2L 97 s10 is it possible to bore it out and throw a bigger cam in it to get more horsepower?

Let me know some links where I can acquire these parts bigger rings/ Pistons. new oversized cam and over sized injectors or if it can be done and any other parts I might need.Most people will say put the 4.3 in it but I like the gas mileage. and an actual turbo kit for the 2.2L 5 speed that fits it thanks everyone.

·
Been there Done it
6,605 Posts
By the time you buy pistons, rings, have the block cleaned, bored and honed, buy a cam and timing set, plus the usual gaskets, oil, coolant, injectors, etc. And have it dyno tuned to make effective use of all the new parts. It's going to cost about $100/HP
Bigger cam, bigger cylinders, bigger injectors also means less miles per gallon. Can't have both. Basic Physics - more HP burns more fuel.
Crude oil went up 10% today because of the events in Saudi Arabia, so gas prices are going to go up.
I'm also unaware of any turbo kit that is a complete bolt on. Some come close, but are pricey. Still are going to require fabrication skills on the part of the installer.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. Simply stating the facts as I see them. :giggle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts