S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this 2002 S10 Extended cab 4.3 Manual stick as is .
It came lowered "2" blocks In the back and the front is dead level with rear so I assumed 2" drop spindles or chopped / lowered coils as usual.
So I took the blocks out raised the rear easy does it for that .
I get to the front and take a look at the spindles determining that they are likely OEM gm spindles because I took a pic and noticed gm casting #s which reference as g-body and or S10 spindles from the era .

So here's the catch If I was gonna change the springs I wanted a softer ride up front but still get the front lifted so I bought the Moog 9 9-03 zq8 4 cyl truck springs that are rated at 472 per 1" . And they have same specs 12" Compressed height which is the same as any other optional OEM Spring for 99-20003 s10.

I compressed and installed One of the springs on the passenger side and I still am slammed upfront? It Looks the same as the driver side ??? Wtf? Unless them springs will always have a lowered look if the 4cyl Extreme zq8 suspension really looked that low from the factory

Ive also read the 700+ rated coils tend to lift the S10 trucks 2" or so with a V6 and only the guys that run V8 Swaps use the heavier coils.... but I didn't assume I'd need them specific coils to achieve a level look after raising the Rear end too stock.

So what's my issue here is this a spindle that's actually not OEM ? Or do I need different coils again ?
Pics for reference on the coil difference and the ride height after installing OEM zq8 4cyl coils

#1st pic passenger side "NEW OEM 4cyl ZQ8 Coil installed"

#2nd pic The Old and New Coil comparison side by side

#3rd pic the Driver side " Old Coil Unknown brand" still installed and same drop as passenger side with the new Zq8 rated Coil spring

·
Registered
207 Posts
ZQ8 springs lower the vehicle ~1.5" relative to OEM, non-lowering springs (Z83 or Z85). You bought the wrong springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts