S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
dude ig mod, regoop every tune up i have three s10 and ever f'in time the ig mod was the prob. careful with the wires they are exposed to too much heat this is the prob with the design it is a known prob amounst mechanics and i was told to maintain good gas miles to replace ever 30k

·
Ford Diesel Tech
432 Posts
i just had mine doin that except when u shut it off it wouldnt turn over but as soon as i put a charger on the battery it started right up it was the starter solenoid when shut down it would get hot because of HEAT SOAK and not operate

·
Registered
476 Posts
I always heard that it was the temp sensor that goes to the computer. If it goes bad it then it still thinks it's doing a cold start and putting out too much gas, flooding the engine.

My truck also doesn't start when it's hot, I have to floor the gas to get it to start, then sit there for a minute burning off all the extra gas I flooded it with. I've got a new sensor, I'll let you know if it fixes it when I put it in this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guy's,, I have 99 Blazer 4.3 with similar troubles, I replace the ign. module, coil, fuel pump module,still drive it for a hour or so,,, shut it off,, won't restart,,wtf.. let it sit for an hour it would start back up. ran fine for short trips but just not long, over an hour trips..could it be the spider?? or the pressure reg.??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guy's,, I have 99 Blazer 4.3 with similar troubles, I replace the ign. module, coil, fuel pump module,still drive it for a hour or so,,, shut it off,, won't restart,,wtf.. let it sit for an hour it would start back up. ran fine for short trips but just not long, over an hour trips..could it be the spider?? or the pressure reg.??
Dude. I have exactly the same problem. What was the solution for yours?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.