S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the tires. I had the alignment done. It's better after getting the tires replaced. But it still shakes between 55 and 65. Any of you had this problem? I am beginning to think it is a suspension problem like a bad ball joint.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is stock except the tires and the intake. It's a 2001 Xtreme so whatever the ZQ8 drop it.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
when my uni joint went bad in my old truck it viberated all the time.....dunno tho

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what kind of tires to get. These have to come off. I took the truck in to the dealership last night. The mechanic, before starting to work on the truck did say something about the drive shaft angle because of the ZQ8 package. It turned out to be that at least one of the new tires is out of round. The tires suck!!! 3 of the 4 that just came off last month were out of round. They are FireHawk SS20 stock size 235/55/16. Absolute junk. What kind of tires do you guys like?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are those Rice tires really good enough to put on my red white and blue all American bowtie?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Lol...I have kumho's on my X right now and it handles much better. And I don't see any rice on my truck...

Oh did I mention that I have Kumho 240/40ZR18's coming for my 86 s10 and its not riced either..see a pattern here!

Not to mention that the kumho's are probably half the price of the those FireHawks that you are having trouble with...and guess what else..I haven't ever had any trouble with my kumho's. So who cares where it comes from, as long as it works for you then its all good!

Kumho 712's have a traction rating of AA and they don't slip a bit in the rain..but hey...what ever floats your boat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in Minnesota so the tires have to be atleast an A rating for traction. I had MichX1's on another vehicle. They ran out real, real good. Even wear, good acceleration, tight in the curves.... but when it came to stop on wet roads... it was like I had a 2000# trailer behind me. Any way, if any of you Dudes have a tire you have tried that you think I should look at, THANKS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I just got back from my local tire place, 3 of the tires are out of round.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are under warranty by Firestone. Now I just have to find my reciepts again. I am seriously concidering putting the Goodyear G4's on it again or the Yokohama T4's. I will have to pay for the differance. $25 a piece for the Yokohomas and $50 a piece for the Goodyears.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got new tires again. Bridgestone Potenza RE910's. It cost me $120, and I had the alignment done again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts