S-10 Forum banner

Truck sits lower on one side!

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  s10rz350 
#1 ·
Ok I just got a 97 s10 that has been lowered. I noticed that the drivers side of the truck is sitting lower than the passenger side. ITs off if the front and in the rear about an inch. Any ideas on what would be causing this? The springs in the front are 2 inch lowering springs and they are the same. Could be rear leaf springs be throwing it off that much?? PLEASE HELP!!:rolleyes:

#3 ·
where can i get the rubber things to correct the problem?

#5 ·
Who is a belltech dealer. The only one I can find is Summit and its out of stock until april.

#7 ·
I just talked to jegs and they said that they never heard of a s10 doing this. Will the rubber spacer really solve the problem?

#8 ·
Well, this is in fact a well known problem. I don't know why jegs as never heard of it. The belltech spacers should correct the problem. Let me call my supplier first thing in the morning and see how fast I would be able to get those to you.

#9 ·
Hay thanks alot it would be a big help

#11 ·
i heard the spacer will get it real close i think my truck has a 1/2 difference w/o the spacer so i dont need one cuz its not really noticable but it only makes sense the the spacer will work.....the guy at jegs doesnt know everything he might not know anything about s-10's so i'd check into it more....call belltech....they'd probably know more about it then the jegs guy....

#14 ·
do u put the spacer on the left front??

#16 ·
http://www.mrgasket.com/pdf/Suspension.pdf

sorry i didnt feel like messing with pulling the pic off but its on the second page down under the suspension accessories and the pic is labeled 1285 ... notice how the there is like a u shape in it...thats where the coil sits in and the cut in the whole thing is so it can wind up the spiral...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.