S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Old Man
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,I just noticed something a bit odd,Its a 94 4.3 TBI engine ,I filled my truck up with gas ,I mean really filled it to where it was almost coming out of the filler tube.And it seems to run better !! Do I possibly have a weakening fuel pump ? or Fuel pressure regulator ?

·
Registered
658 Posts
who knows but it might be a weak pump, not being able to pump gas very easy from the bottom of the tank. change it, i dont think there that expensive, and if it dont help, its not like you out 500 bucks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
who knows but it might be a weak pump, not being able to pump gas very easy from the bottom of the tank. change it, i dont think there that expensive, and if it dont help, its not like you out 500 bucks.

you must not have ever had to buy a fuel pump for a 94-97 s10 they are in the vicinity of 300 i know its not 500 but its pretty damn close...but on the other hand you might want to change it out anyways because you dotn want to get stuck out on the higway somewhere with a broken fuel pump...

·
The Old Man
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you must not have ever had to buy a fuel pump for a 94-97 s10 they are in the vicinity of 300 i know its not 500 but its pretty damn close...but on the other hand you might want to change it out anyways because you dotn want to get stuck out on the higway somewhere with a broken fuel pump...
The pump for mine is very cheap,just looking to get some opinions before I go removing the pump.

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
Friends kept telling me it was in my head, but I swear I can tell when my pump's about to go, b/c like s_man said, it swear it would drive differently after a fill-up for the couple of weeks preceeding both times the pump failed.

·
Registered
658 Posts
actually never had to buy a pump for anything but my tbi but i just figured it wasnt that expensive. :dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just replaced a fuel pump on my '94 for $45. New. If you buy the fuel pump AND sending unit as a complete piece, then you're looking at around 300. The pump itself is cheap and relatively easy to replace by itself.

·
The Old Man
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just replaced a fuel pump on my '94 for $45. New. If you buy the fuel pump AND sending unit as a complete piece, then you're looking at around 300. The pump itself is cheap and relatively easy to replace by itself.
My sending unit is in good shape,I can see it through the fender well ,because of the 3" body lift in my truck,hell I might even be able to remove it without any issue too,I guess Ill find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts