S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have an 87 s10 2.5 and I tried to start my truck and the first couple of days it would start after a few turn overs but now it just sounds like the battery has no power. The truck whined at first but now it doesn't even do that. So I tried to jump it and it still didn't get any power. Any suggestions? I need help

·
Registered
90 Posts
Alright so I have an 87 s10 2.5 and I tried to start my truck and the first couple of days it would start after a few turn overs but now it just sounds like the battery has no power. The truck whined at first but now it doesn't even do that. So I tried to jump it and it still didn't get any power. Any suggestions? I need help
well first off did you even check to see if the battery was low?(by testing it with a volt meter, make sure your on dc voltage not ac)

when you try to start it does it start clicking but not turn over?(if so hit your starter with a hammer sometimes that does the trick)

if it turns over but does not start you need to make sure your getting fuel and spark, from there you can go down the list checking some other things :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well first off did you even check to see if the battery was low?(by testing it with a volt meter, make sure your on dc voltage not ac)

when you try to start it does it start clicking but not turn over?(if so hit your starter with a hammer sometimes that does the trick)

if it turns over but does not start you need to make sure your getting fuel and spark, from there you can go down the list checking some other things :)
It seems like the power isn't making it to the starter because I would jump my truck but wouldnt make a difference in power but I'm almost sure it has a new battery

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
Also check those battery terminals for being loose. A lot of times they work their way loose. They may need taken off and a wire brush ran across them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts