S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I have caught up to the real truck, had to get rid of the bumper, add fog lights, lower it more, find some mirrors and new wheels, but here it is...

Attachments

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
model from the rear

Attachments

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and with the hand made tonneau cover up

Attachments

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The model is a 1/24 scale AMT, I think, it is the 94/95 SS. The kit also include some parts to make the LS. Everything except for the shifter for the manual version. Worst thing was to trim off the original side trim, it was perfectly smooth but when I applied the first coat of paint they came back some. Model is done in base/clear from duplicolor.

Thanks for the props.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a shot in front of and on top of a few other models

Attachments

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i like the work on the "wrecked" model. i used to have a fascination to try to put models together this way.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wrecked one is one in progress, a buddy was making a 49 Merc from a demolision derby and I had to make a Chev to kick its ash. Its a 51 Chevy Fleetline. The two in the bottom case were built slightly after their deaths as a tribute of sorts.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one took a couple years to make from scratch, it is of my best friend's actual race car that I was the crewchief for. Had to make the decals too. Body is made from brass sheet.

Attachments

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pic of model and of the real thing...

Attachments

·
Banned
17,375 Posts
where did you get those mirrors on the s10? or did you make those like the tonneau?

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stole those mirrors from a model i have of a first gen s-10, i think the kit is called the waverunner, its a green s-10 with a cover, sub boxes and the SS mirrors. I'll have to gear up something for the other truck someday but it was too easy to steal them to match my real truck. Model looks to sit a tiny higher than mine now, other than that all I have to do now is make a shortened antenae.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i had to do a truck like that for my marketing class. it was a xtreme and a camaro SS. i took the hood and modified it to fit on the s10 and put the ls1 and the exhuast in there too. did custom paint on interior. red and black. the body kit pieces were monterey maroon red metallic flake. a real camaro color. rest was black. used the racing stripes they gave u with the camaro. i was gonna put the t-top decal on it but got ****ed up some how.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts