S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other LS truck intakes the same as the TBSS? I read somewhere that truck 6.0 was but can't confirm it...just trying to learn more about the LS from reliable sources.

·
Old Fart
2,821 Posts
You might want to check one of the LS forums for that kind of info. There is a lot of info there and everyone there is into LS tech.

·
Old Fart
2,821 Posts
I'm debating between the LS6 for better hood clearance and the TBSS myself. The LS6 looks better as well, and I don't think there is that much of a difference with the right cam.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
later LS1s used the LS6 intake and most have found the truck intakes better for torque,ie normal street driving.

Give me the wall flower that I can get lucky with,not that frigid prom queen.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm debating between the LS6 for better hood clearance and the TBSS myself. The LS6 looks better as well, and I don't think there is that much of a difference with the right cam.
Does that LS6 have the cathedral intake ports.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
why dont you join up on LS1tech

theres a wealth of info there and even a special section for hybrids such as S10/LSX

and no the 6.0 is not same intake as the TBSS,which is pretty much best of both worlds.
LS6(LS1) intakes were made for low hood clearance. Not the case with an S10

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why dont you join up on LS1tech

theres a wealth of info there and even a special section for hybrids such as S10/LSX

and no the 6.0 is not same intake as the TBSS,which is pretty much best of both worlds.
LS6(LS1) intakes were made for low hood clearance. Not the case with an S10
I did and yes they are being very helpful.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any other LS truck intakes the same as the TBSS? I read somewhere that truck 6.0 was but can't confirm it...just trying to learn more about the LS from reliable sources.
TBSS and NNBS intakes are identical. look for a 2007-2013 LS equipped truck or van. You will need the following if you don't already have them: 4 bolt throttle body, returnless style fuel system (can use after market regulator or the corvette fuel filter/regulator).

There are many dyno's online that indicate the TBSS/NNBS compare to the old truck intakes for low end torque and the LS6 intake for high end HP. I haven't quite buttoned mine up yet, so no dyno results, but the throttle response with a 92mm TB and the NNBS intake are night and day compared to the old truck intake.

·
Old Fart
2,821 Posts
I just read that comparison and the LS6 made 22 hp and 15 lbft. more than the LS1.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TBSS and NNBS intakes are identical. look for a 2007-2013 LS equipped truck or van. You will need the following if you don't already have them: 4 bolt throttle body, returnless style fuel system (can use after market regulator or the corvette fuel filter/regulator).

There are many dyno's online that indicate the TBSS/NNBS compare to the old truck intakes for low end torque and the LS6 intake for high end HP. I haven't quite buttoned mine up yet, so no dyno results, but the throttle response with a 92mm TB and the NNBS intake are night and day compared to the old truck intake.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind for future reference...let us know how it works out for you.

·
Old Fart
2,821 Posts
I'm not looking for maximum hp, my goal is good hp, driveability, and hood clearance. Between using the Corvette accessory set up for radiator clearance and the LS6 manifold I'm hoping for fewer issues. I already have my crank pulley and water pump so I'm on my way. looking for a good price on a manifold now. :wink:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not looking for maximum hp, my goal is good hp, driveability, and hood clearance. Between using the Corvette accessory set up for radiator clearance and the LS6 manifold I'm hoping for fewer issues. I already have my crank pulley and water pump so I'm on my way. looking for a good price on a manifold now. :wink:
I still haven't settled on accessory bracket choice yet, AC is a must here in FL. I have a stock L33 truck engine and Current Perf. mounts and Hummer oil pan. I want to take my time and hopefully have everything thought out. Not to add to the engine so far but a Z06 cam kit.

·
Old Fart
2,821 Posts
also look to later LS-1s
hit and miss but most used the LS-6 intake
my 01 SS has it,my 02 TA had it, both my 99s didnt.
I had one (LS6) that I was going to pull the trigger on but now I have to wait and see what the bill is going to be for my surprise body work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
5 Participants
goes2fast
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing