S-10 Forum banner

truck jumps sideways

917 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Old S-10 
G
#1 ·
This has happened twice my truck jumps sideways when I slam on the gas once off the line and once going 35-40 and hammering it it was a weird sensation the rear just feels like it jumps 6 inches right I have that g@y one wheel spin it seems to always happen on the right when Im line up straight a internet calculator said I had around 150 hp at the wheels I have no idea if that is even close and Im using only one leaf with the overload. what Im getting around to asking is this normal or is it hurting my truck in anyway. or is it just a cool thing to whoa my friends

#3 ·
Are your U-bolts torqued down? Maybe they are loose. Check your leaf spring bushings too. They might be a little sloppy.

Don't slam on the gas??? What kind of response is that? Who doesnt want to slam on the gas? LOL.

G
#4 ·
Well as soon as I decide what to do about my rear end as far as gears and possi I will be adding a 4 link but I look into my u-bolts and bushings. I am not to worried about it though because I only drive it once or twice a week. at last until its finished

#5 ·
Sounds like leaf-spring wind-up. The spring flexes or winds up and lets go, throwing the truck sideways. There are several bars available to prevent this. Slapper style traction bars work, southside machine makes a bar that works also. Basically what you want to do is take all the spring windup away from the springs, just have the springs support the truck instead of taking all the axle torque. Ladder bars, 4-link etc. all take the axle torque away from the springs. Basically, coil spring suspension style torque arms applied to leaf spring suspension. oh, an open rear end will act like a possi if both tires have equal traction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.