S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, someone back into my truck and took off, it screwed up the front bumper, needs a new one. Im not sure if i should go through insurance or not. I can pretty much get a regular noma bumper free, but i want the envoy bumper, so depending on how Allstate does it, i was gonna have a shop write up the quote for regualr, and just pay the difference. We have a 250 deductable.. but is it worth it to go through insurance? How much will it raise my rates?

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
It wasn't your fault. I'd go make a police report first, and then take that to insurance. I'd milk em for money. Anything you can get would be better than none. Since it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong nor illegal, I dont see why they would penalize you. I'm sure they'd answer that though if you asked em.

Brad

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I called the cops, damage is less then 500bux so there is no report, but a little piece of paper that says i called them. I know every claim you file with insurance, your fault or not, makes your insurance go up, insurance companys arn't going to lose any money, so they just raise rates to make up for it..here is a couple pics..

Attachments

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
if it's not your fault your insurance doesn't go up. At least mine has stayed the same.

·
Registered
290 Posts
CustomS10 said:
if it's not your fault your insurance doesn't go up. At least mine has stayed the same.
some insurance companies will raise rates though, just the simple fact that they had to shell out the dough for your repairs and they will want it back by raising rates. just aint right

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
ArcanaS-10 said:
some insurance companies will raise rates though, just the simple fact that they had to shell out the dough for your repairs and they will want it back by raising rates. just aint right
wow that sucks!! a big F U to the customers. My insurance company huffs a phat one as it is, i'm surprised they didn't.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it does suck..you pay all that money all those years, and may never have a wreck or anything, then something happens, you have to pay a deductable, and you're rates may go up..damn everything has to be about the money now-a-days doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i work at farmers insurance and if you havent been in an accident before, filea claim, your rates wont go up... but if you get in an accident again (even if its not your fault) your rates will go up.... i would pay outta pocket dude...

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i think im just gonna pay out of pocket..its only like 400 for the envoy bumper..we also have 4 people on our play and its not worth their insurance going up because of this either..

·
NO H-body, New Dime
2,526 Posts
you need to go to www.car-parts.com You can get the envoy bumper there already painted from a wreaked vehicle for $125. $400 is rediculous for a stock vehicles bumper. I have had good experience with them.

·
Primed And Ready
345 Posts
bumper conversion..good enough reason lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
damn chris,that looks worst in daylight man....****in asswipes least they coulda done is put a sorry note on yer truck...hey lemme have that bumper plz or ill buy it from you k? talk to ya later bro.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do you want the screwed up bumper? Why don't you just grab Joey's old one? Its gotta be in better shape then mine..

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
been there man, worst kind of damage the kind that ruins your ride and you have to eat the bill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts