S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to start after a weekend of not driving it and my alarm goes crazy and blinks the check engine light, It also does not start. I then turn it all the way off the alarm is still freaking out, so I try again, now there is nothing and it can just barely blink the check engine light a few time then dims out and nothing turns on. 2001 all display all electrical dead. If anyone has seen this problem please help any advise will be greatly appreciated. If not it sounding like my alarm tripped out so I need to go through all the alarm wiring. Now I wish I would have installed it myself.

·
Early Member
3,167 Posts
Your battery is probably dead. You need to have your battery and/or your altenator checked.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a brand new optima deep cycle so I'm going to go through the alarm and also keep in mind the alternator. I tried to jump start it and still nothing. The key all the way forward and no display would come up. Which brings me to think the alarm is blocking it somehow, but I was just curious to see if anyone else had a similar problem. but its not looking like it. Thanks anyways.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
do u have headlights, cuz in my recent problem (WTF is wrong with my truck thread) my headlights were the only thing that worked and it turned out to be a burnt power supplly wire goin from the starter up to a distribution block on the firewall, my truck is an 85 so i dont have a computer to worry about, but maybe check and see if your truck has that

good luck man

russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts