S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is for all those body guys out there... I am in need of a new front end (fenders, inner fenders, radiator support, ect.) My question is that there is an s10 same year as mine at a tow yard but the truck was in a fire. The fenders look like there has been no warping at all and the radiator support looks like theres nothing wrong either. MY question is does anyone know if i could just perhaps give the fenders and radiator support a good sanding and painting and reuse them instead of buying new parts? My parents own the tow yard and a body shop so its all free for me basically but i just wanted to know if it was worth it. I dont see why not but maybe there are some things to look for?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Um, if they own a salvage yard then why not wait untill some non burned pannels come in and get those? And if they own a body shop why not take the fenders there and get someone there to tell you if they are useable?

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Dont use burnt parts. Even if they don't look warped they are. And most likely all the coating on the inside of the parts is burned off. Even if it did fit ok and you painted it. They would most likely start rustin in a year or so. So just wait until you can find some good ones. Trust me!!!

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
PaintinDeezNuts said:
Dont use burnt parts. Even if they don't look warped they are. And most likely all the coating on the inside of the parts is burned off. Even if it did fit ok and you painted it. They would most likely start rustin in a year or so. So just wait until you can find some good ones. Trust me!!!
You, my friend, are correct. I woulnt have thought about the coating, but you are correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts