S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering going to a local pull-a-part to pick up some new gear for my 89 tbi s10 (in sig). The place where im looking says they got a 97 s10 in the yard so i was thinking of picking up the heads, wheels, and probably the intake manny. What i would like to know is the compatibility of these components.

Heads: Trying to get the vortecs from this 97. I know they will bolt right on but the only thing i have a question about is the rocker arms and other valvetrain parts. Will they work with my 89 or will i need to put my current valvetrain on the new heads when i get them?

Intake manny: Will the intake anny from the 97 work with my 89 with the vortec heads on it? how will the tbi bolt up if at all and are all of the sensor locations the same?

Wheels: Not sure what the wheel measurements on the 97 but I would like to see if i can get some nicer/newer style wheels on the whip so i would like to know how they will bolt up.

Preciate it!

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
yours is tbi and the one in the yard is totally different newer style its not tbi

you can do that unless you totally swap top end and all harnesses and ecm and so forth and fuel pump and so on

tbi was done for sometime in 95 or 96 on some models such as the tahoes etc that still had tbi in 95 and possibly 96 but probably only on the v8 engines such as the '95 5.7L one we got out back

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know it wasn't going to be a tbi like mine but I just didn't know if I could just slap a adapter on there and be able to use my tbi. Are there any options for me because I want those vortec style heads?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
get a edelbrock intake for vortec heads

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now from what i have been reading, the edelbrock 3114 is the best bet for this type of thing. all stock fittings, sensors, and screw holes for the accessory brackets will bolt right up am i right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts