S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently taken notice that the trip odometer in my '98 blazer keeps resetting itself. I reset it myself every-time I fill up and for some reason lately it has a mind of it's own and resets whenever it feels like it. Once I looked and saw it was 33 and a few miles down the road I looked again and it said it was 14. Seems to be happening more frequently now. All of the other gauges are reading fine and the overhead console still reads the estimated amount of miles left on the tank correctly.

Has anyone else seen anything like this??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the connctions at your battery! If they are fine then you probably should take it to Advance Auto or somewhere like that and get them to test your battery, if the battery starts getting weak it'll cause them to reset like that. Especially when the weather gets cooler!

Richard

·
Registered
962 Posts
The same thing has happened to me, except sometimes I will be driving down the road, then I look down and see my odomter and gear indicator out all black (it's a 99 blazer). The general concensous is GM was had a horrible problem with these 98+ clusters going bad like this (not only in s10s, but they are a main one). I'm going to get a new cluster from a salvage yard

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, I got a salvaged cluster with about 2k miles less than really on my ride..... But then again, all my clusters would not work half the time, then magically they would.... I advise you to keep track of the odometer miles as well, because mine would change when the trip would mess up. I would one day have 48k miles, the next day I would have like 47xxxx. The cluster unit has a bunch of solder connected on the pcb, one is most likely bad..........

·
LS1 87 S10 Blazer
39 Posts
Anyone know where to get the diagrams for the dash? I added the digital dash to 87 s10 and my trip keeps resetting as well everytime I turn off the truck. I'm thinking maybe I miss wired a lead that should be a constant hot to keep that circuit memory running. No problem with the odometer readings so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts