S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was lookin to remove all the molding on my truck and noticed the corner trims might cause problems. I know I can easily remove everything from the wheel well trim from front to back. But the two things circled are what I have questions about.

This first one, should I remove that or leave that on? That front bumper trim has clips and the like dont it?

The next one is the back. I couldn't find anybody that had that kind of trim on the rear quarter. The big circle around it is what I'm askin about. The trim before the vertical line I can take off. But the back I don't know if that is just a shell over the body or part of the body.

thanks

·
ol' bodybuilder
647 Posts
I'm also removing the trim on my '97 S10 but have a '98+ chrome rear bumper (perfect shape - bought and picked it up SAT off Craiglist for $65). I'm putting on a '97 sonoma grill (composite lights) and bumper cover.

I think you could bake the chrome trim off the front bumper but have holes to deal with and it may look weird without it (don't know).

The rear bumper end trim is recessed for the trim if I remember correctly and I think it wouldn't look right. I say gat a '98+ bumper or do a roll pan. I didn't do a roll pan because I've been "bumped" from the rear WAY TOO MANY times.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. i'm gonna take off all the trim i can, but i guess i'll have to leave the back panel alone. as for the front, i'll leave that alone too.

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
just take it all off

the indent where it used to be would look better than having only trim on the front and rear...

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
All four corners have the trim moulded into them. The front bumper has a bunch of slots for the trim to attatch. When I de-plastichromegarbage'd my truck, I picked up a used set of the smooth rear bumper ends from another forum member ($30) and switched to a 98-up front bumper from CertiFit (about $60 with the valence).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses and the picture psyko.

before i go rippin this shit off, anybody got a picture of a '94-97 with the trim removed? i'd like to see what the front and rear panels look like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts