S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of transmission is in a 97 automatic...I know it's either a 4L60E or a 4L80E?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
like boom said, the 60E. the 80E was for full sizes and heavy duty applications i believe

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the same as a 700R4 isn't it? The reason i'm wondering is cause I think my torque converter is going out so i'm tryin to decide where to go from there.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
97SS-10 said:
That's the same as a 700R4 isn't it? The reason i'm wondering is cause I think my torque converter is going out so i'm tryin to decide where to go from there.
pretty much so except its electronicaly controled. not sure if the converter is diff tho

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
wonder what it would take to convert to the 80 since its a little more heavy duty and could handle a serious shot of NOS or maybe a v8 swap:uhoh:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
wonder what it would take to convert to the 80 since its a little more heavy duty and could handle a serious shot of NOS or maybe a v8 swap:uhoh:

Well you know the 60's are used with the lt1's in the vettes and impala ss's they are pretty tough to an extent about 500 or so horsies if built right.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
true but i pull alot also, lol that would be funny spankin a GT pulling 2 race cars

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
the 80's weight a hell of a lot too its basically a t-400 that is electrically controlled and has OD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts